When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
The cable does wrap around and I think looks really tidy when not in use.
minimal vcl - who is the supplier octopus .. shell genie with bigger overnight window ? charge socket is on the right of the car no - is there a comnmon trait.

-

group of 30 odd houses being built locally all have distinctive green-insert rolec chargers, bring your own cable, bulk purchase/install must be reducing cost

-

ev6 eu brochure , seems, have to be gt-line to get Meridian sound system; it does have that evoque gene, with light/visibility in the back for children, at a premium.
£50K for gt though, playing with the big boys.

Soldato
[ Never mind Musk was condoning bitcoin mining which is using, was it? the same energy resources as Sweden.
e: I'll be turning off ambiant lighting / puddles in any future car ]

Soldato
When there are a few million people keeping LEDs lit, its quite a lot. Its a known problem for power companies.

No its not.

[ Never mind Musk was condoning bitcoin mining which is using, was it? the same energy resources as Sweden.
e: I'll be turning off ambiant lighting / puddles in any future car ]

It was Argentina.

Soldato
Yes it is, which is why years ago they were pushing to remove standby lights from stuff. They are having to generate X more energy just to keep pointless LEDs lit. Its like people leaving lightbulbs on all the time.

Caporegime
Yes it is, which is why years ago they were pushing to remove standby lights from stuff. They are having to generate X more energy just to keep pointless LEDs lit. Its like people leaving lightbulbs on all the time.
No it isn’t. Again how many watts is a led ?

Soldato
Haha, no. No it's not. LEDs use an absolute minuscule amount of power and are of absolutely no concern to power companies.

Soldato
What I find odd, is Nasher is proven demonstrably incorrect in every thread he posts in across every sub forum and yet he seems to be completely oblivious to being perpetually wrong.

Boggles the mind.

And to the answer the thread question, our next car will be fully electric. Thankfully we have a driveway, and our use case means 200+ mile round trips happen maybe once a year. So it will work for us. Currently own an A3 outright which we'll most likely run into the ground first though as I'm enjoying not having to pay for a PCP deal currently after we handed one of our cars back.

Soldato
Standby consumption, when scaled up to millions of devices sitting idle 80% of the time, is a notable amount worthy of consideration. But even then the little LED on the front is a tiny fraction of the standby power consumption in most cases.

Soldato
Tiny status LEDs use a negligible amount of power. Only LEDs for things like headlight units start using a noticeable amount of power, but even then it's fractions of what you'd need from a halogen or HID bulb to get more light output.

Soldato
One of my very first projects on my placement year was Standby mode in a (very) popular home set top box. This was around the time when Standby mode was a requirement for regulations but the silicon didn't actually have such a thing. Anyway the result was that 'Standby' mode just set the video output to 100% black, muted the audio and changed the LED from green to red. Exactly the same power consumption either way but ticked the boxes to get it on shelves. Good old days.

Back
Top Bottom