When are you going fully electric?

Well Andersen have gone into administration, so if anyone has one of their chargers not sure where you'll be with regards to software updates etc.
Just been announced that they are to be bought up and the buyers are working to start installing again. So I assume software/app issues will be soon fixed.

reserved a Eletre r. Waited so long for my model s plaid on order and now removal of parking sensors etc

This looks worth putting a punt in for a refundable deposit.

Nice - the R comes with some power and torque - over 900 for both.

52455638864_f3836d23a6_b.jpg

Mustang Mach E finally turned up, only 5 months late but it's here now!

Signed up to Intelligent Octopus back in July but could never complete the signup as you had to plug your EV in to proove you had it. Plugged it in today, completed the signup and they've given us the rates from back in July for 12 months from today.

39.25p 5:30am-11:30pm
7.50p 11:30pm-5:30am

Mustang Mach E finally turned up, only 5 months late but it's here now!

Signed up to Intelligent Octopus back in July but could never complete the signup as you had to plug your EV in to proove you had it. Plugged it in today, completed the signup and they've given us the rates from back in July for 12 months from today.

39.25p 5:30am-11:30pm
7.50p 11:30pm-5:30am
Will you be subject to the cap? Not sure it applies to new contracts

That actually reminds me of a question you guys might be able to answer, actually two... :p

1) With the Octopus (and other?) 'EV Tariffs' like Intelligent Octopus and Octopus Go do they actually define usage so *only* EV charging is the cheap rate or is all usage during the 6 or 4 hours at the cheaper rate?
2) Why do Octopus have two pretty similar EV tariffs...

That actually reminds me of a question you guys might be able to answer, actually two... :p

1) With the Octopus (and other?) 'EV Tariffs' like Intelligent Octopus and Octopus Go do they actually define usage so *only* EV charging is the cheap rate or is all usage during the 6 or 4 hours at the cheaper rate?
2) Why do Octopus have two pretty similar EV tariffs...
1) its all your energy usage in those periods, the meter can't differentiate between a car charging or a phone charger.
2) Go is just a 4 hour cheap period at a fixed time. On intelligent, you have to connect your car or your charger (you need something on their supported list) and allow it to be controlled by their system so they can charge it at the best times. If your car needs 3 hours to charge, it may charge for an hour at 01:00, half hour at 02:30 and 90 mins at 15:00. If they decide to charge your car outside the pre-determined 6 hour 'cheap' period, you also get all your energy usage at the cheap rate for that extra period too.

1) its all your energy usage in those periods, the meter can't differentiate between a car charging or a phone charger.
2) Go is just a 4 hour cheap period at a fixed time. On intelligent, you have to connect your car or your charger (you need something on their supported list) and allow it to be controlled by their system so they can charge it at the best times. If your car needs 3 hours to charge, it may charge for an hour at 01:00, half hour at 02:30 and 90 mins at 15:00. If they decide to charge your car outside the pre-determined 6 hour 'cheap' period, you also get all your energy usage at the cheap rate for that extra period too.

Explained it better than I was going to!

Thanks, I did see that for Intelligent you needed a specific car or charger. Didn't realise it would potentially charge outside of the cheap hours though (not a problem if they make that cheap too obvs) but kinda neat.

Back
Top Bottom