When are you going fully electric?

Going to hold onto my TTRS as long as possible. Then I’m hoping there’ll be something sporty and electric that doesn’t break the bank. My commute is only 20 minutes, so it’d be ideal for an electric car.

The Model Y SR+ (RWD) with the option wheels and premium interior is looking good for £48k, could be tempted as 2nd family EV.

Question to people who know about Tesla's : Is the difference between the SR+ and LR, just the number of motors and battery size, or is the interior/tech spec different too?

I'm no expert but seeing the price drop I've been trying read about the differences today. I could well be wrong but it seems the Model 3 had different interiors; standard and a premium but the UK Model Y seems to have the same level of interior. Obviously the SR has only single RWD motor but the battery technology is diffent. The SR has LFP batteries as opposed to the higher range models having NCA/NMC batteries. Still trying to understand the significance but from what I can tell the LFP are more thermally stable, less total energy storage (presumably explaining the lower range and power) but allow more charge cycles. Also they have worse cold weather performance.

I'm no expert but seeing the price drop I've been trying read about the differences today. I could well be wrong but it seems the Model 3 had different interiors; standard and a premium but the UK Model Y seems to have the same level of interior. Obviously the SR has only single RWD motor but the battery technology is diffent. The SR has LFP batteries as opposed to the higher range models having NCA/NMC batteries. Still trying to understand the significance but from what I can tell the LFP are more thermally stable, less total energy storage (presumably explaining the lower range and power) but allow more charge cycles. Also they have worse cold weather performance.

The Y has the ‘premium’ white interior option too.
The LFP battery contains no ‘child mined’ Cobalt so it’s one less area for the anti change EV keyboard warriors to complain about:p

Hear? Not see.

Truth is any large manufacturer now already understands its supply chain and sustainability to avoid anything like this for cars. iPhone however will still be made.
I wasn't singling out Tesla for this move, merely stating how I feel that any movement away from dubious resource mining is a good thing, no matter who the company is.

Cheaper to just use WAZE or google maps
You don’t need to pay 9.99 for navigation, only for live traffic visualisation and satellite view maps. Standard maps and traffic is always taken into account regardless of paying the subscription or not.

From what I understand, the standard connectivity is included for 8 years.

You don’t need to pay 9.99 for navigation, only for live traffic visualisation and satellite view maps. Standard maps and traffic is always taken into account regardless of paying the subscription or not.

From what I understand, the standard connectivity is included for 8 years.
My point was that waze offers all of that information for free...

My Etron goes back this September so having to decide what to replace it with. Need to decide now as most places have a 6+ month wait.

I'll never get anything as good for the same money, £200 a month inc 2xinsurance, servicing, tyres, rac+eu so looking like a worse car for more money.

Thinking about the MG 4 Trophy, it doesn't look bad and it's amongst the cheapest available. Love the looks of the BYD and Fisker, but they aren't out yet and I need to order asap.
No way of keeping it/buying it after the lease?
Can you live with MG interior after the Audi? Also I've heard the interface is super buggy, etc.
Although TBH the MMI on my Q7 likes to have random fits now and again..

No way of keeping it/buying it after the lease?
Can you live with MG interior after the Audi? Also I've heard the interface is super buggy, etc.
Although TBH the MMI on my Q7 likes to have random fits now and again..

I do have the option to buy, but it will still be more a month and the MG has better range. We don't do many miles, basically 10 miles a day to and from work so should be ok. It's just that rare occasion we do travel far the Audi is a pain due to it's woeful range.

The Audi is such a lovely place to be though.

I do have the option to buy, but it will still be more a month and the MG has better range. We don't do many miles, basically 10 miles a day to and from work so should be ok. It's just that rare occasion we do travel far the Audi is a pain due to it's woeful range.

The Audi is such a lovely place to be though.
Fair enough. What realistic range do you get out of the etron? Which model is it?

The old 45 as a realistic range of 140 miles are something daft like that for a car with an RRP of £lol. The 55 only gets about 180-220 miles but it’s charging curve is very flat so it’s not the end of the world.

Back
Top Bottom