When are you going fully electric?

Also looks like it is a pairing system, so 125kW only if the paired partner charger isn't in use? Like you say though, better than nothing
Ah yes, I had not spotted that, that really is cheeky calling it ultra rapid then. You'll be stuck at 125A / 50kw @ 400V if the other charger is in use. At least it will probably work as its:
A) not a tritium charger
B) actually maintained.

looking at BP pulse
.. so if you turn up at the charger first thing in the morning looking for your 20->80% maybe you get 100KW, but will the n'th customer.
“We have available two different
types of battery chargers - the Pulse 150, has a 196kw battery, which is more than three times the size of the battery used in the UK’s bestselling EV, the Tesla Model 3.

“It charges using 40kW input power. It trickle charges constantly, and can charge two cars at greater than 100kw at the same time.

“It’ll do more than 20 charges back-to-back-to-back… while continually recharging itself. Retailers would only need a low-power grid connection. The BP Pulse 120, produced by Freewire, takes as little as 20kW input power. One of good things about the battery chargers is that they’re not putting strain on the grid through drawing high-power, they’re taking a continuous low power feed and storing the power.”

This isn't for high traffic situations lads.

It'll be in Sticksville where you'll be lucky to get more than 5 cars charging a day for the forseeable future

Plus even if the battery is empty you'll get 40kW, which to be honest is about the average you'll be getting at a rapid anyway.

Battery pack buffering really isn’t ideal, it significantly increases the cost to deploy chargers and lowers the return on investment. I’d imagine that battery isn’t going to last very long is it is used back to pack on the daily.

But yeh, I imagine they will be deployed out in the sticks, however, I expect most forecourt’s are very power limited these days already and as such they’ll be looking to deploy these everywhere. Really they should be looking to deploy a minimum of 4 chargers, so really you need 120kw or more as a sustained power input.

It’s worth noting that Tesla has ‘mega packs’ deployed at South Mimms and has done for years. It still doesn’t stop the site being **** at peak times.

Battery pack buffering really isn’t ideal, it significantly increases the cost to deploy chargers and lowers the return on investment. I’d imagine that battery isn’t going to last very long is it is used back to pack on the daily.

But yeh, I imagine they will be deployed out in the sticks, however, I expect most forecourt’s are very power limited these days already and as such they’ll be looking to deploy these everywhere. Really they should be looking to deploy a minimum of 4 chargers, so really you need 120kw or more as a sustained power input.

It’s worth noting that Tesla has ‘mega packs’ deployed at South Mimms and has done for years. It still doesn’t stop the site being **** at peak times.
OEM warranty will typically be 10 years

The system tends to work down to 20kw for a double sided system so 40kw for 4 chargers

And you would do the sums and install the economic solution if a grid connection is available/cheap

Or it’s way cheaper than putting a decent grid feed in.

Don’t confuse your opinion with fact. Cheers

I ran some analysis of the total C02 outputs of my current EV, Polestar 2 and previous car, BMW 520d: build and use - interesting results. EV is less over the 3 year, 36k mile use period.

52678910445_42d6c9fd28_c.jpg

Last edited:
The cynical side of me thinks these will just start getting deployed where really a big fat grid connection should be being put in. That’s U.K. 101 right there, go cheap and probably not fit for purpose.
Uk 101 is people moaning about anything that’s trying to make progress

Last edited:
this is capitalism, even if meeting the needs of the many with 50Kw is going to provide better average throughput (guess it's going to say that)
... if I'm ready to pay for a premium guaranteed 150KW service then someone should meet that need, maybe I'll pay extra for a 100% green product too.

I ran some analysis of the total C02 outputs of my current EV, Polestar 2 and previous car, BMW 520d: build and use - interesting results. EV is significantly less over the 3 year use periods.
EV carbon manufacture costs have dropped from earlier discussion of 50 odd tonnes ?
The upcoming carbon border taxes should make such costs much clearer.

A) watch the video, smarter chargers are going in not 50kW capped - literally what Instavolt are doing
B) it’s nothing like 50 tonnes
C) you’ve asked about carbon product reductions and then go onto post a story about VW and their plan to carbon zero.. by the progressive reduction of carbon.

Like WTF.
I’ll give you one thing, you are consistent.

Back
Top Bottom