When are you going fully electric?

@SkodaMart do you actually have anything to offer this thread other than trolling / baiting etc?
The last time I looked the UK was in Western Europe. One of the values we embrace is free speech.
If you want to turn this thread/forum into a circle jerk please feel free to do so.
I think EVs are a lie & a folly. My better solutions were already suggested (and ridiculed) on these forums.
I will continue to oppose this false lie until the majority realises the truth or I am proven right. (Or banned - which is easier and more likely)
Time will prove I was right either way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oops :o That wasn’t mentioned above was it?
Charge your EVs guys - who cares about granny’s heating anyway?
Anything to scaremonger high prices come the EPG renewal date.
HAve a look on this forum and you will see plenty of information on how well LNG is being shipped into the uk and europe.

And for the ICE people just remember, if we have power cuts then that means fuel stations won't be able to dispense fuel - be it petrol/diesel or electric.

What i hear you say? ICE drivers don't run their cars to empty so they will be ok?

We're all at it​

More than 70,000 drivers a month in the UK are breaking down due to running out of fuel. Of those unfortunate and silly souls, 6 out of 10 are men and it's under-35s who are most likely to be left standing despairingly by the roadside

Only EV drivers do that surely?

Anybody look at the new Volvo XE90 yet?

Looks massive, but pretty awesome specs on it, I am surprised that they have gone very Tesla style on the interior. Looks like it has massive storage under the bonnet as well, which is always welcome in a car that is designed for carrying lots of people/stuff.

Some much better pictures here, there are almost no controls on the dash etc.

Last edited:
I don't really care if people don't want an BEV or are even anti them, I only get annoyed when those people spout absolute bobbins about them in defence of their point of view. I get it, you don't want one and that's absolutely fine, don't get one and stick with ICE for as long as you can and enjoy it.

Looks massive, but pretty awesome specs on it, I am surprised that they have gone very Tesla style on the interior. Looks like it has massive storage under the bonnet as well, which is always welcome in a car that is designed for carrying lots of people/stuff.

Big portrait screen has been Volvo for a while, no?

The last time I looked the UK was in Western Europe. One of the values we embrace is free speech.
If you want to turn this thread/forum into a circle jerk please feel free to do so.
I think EVs are a lie & a folly. My better solutions were already suggested (and ridiculed) on these forums.
I will continue to oppose this false lie until the majority realises the truth or I am proven right. (Or banned - which is easier and more likely)

Maybe just create who owns the best hairdresser car thread that you can jerk off to and stay out of this one? Everyone wins

Last edited:
Is this you in the ICE corner?:D

Some much better pictures here, there are almost no controls on the dash etc.

There isn't much not to like. The XC90 has always been a great 'proper' SUV and this doesn't look to be any different.

Perhaps just the price (£100k) and the range being a little sub par for towing, every XC90 owner I've known has also owned a caravan :p

It will be interesting to see what JLR can do with the range rover.

Oops :o That wasn’t mentioned above was it?
Charge your EVs guys - who cares about granny’s heating anyway?
You posted this in the wrong forum - gas supply and home heating issues aren’t caused by EV’s. Majority of EV owners charge overnight, where most of this demand is met by renewables. This is a peak time of use issue, the article mentioned that!

Also, why is this news now?
The reason energy prices spiked last August was due to fears of lack of supply to meet Winter demand across Europe. Welcome to summer 2022 :cry:

Last edited:
You posted this in the wrong forum - gas supply and home heating issues aren’t caused by EV’s. Majority of EV owners charge overnight, where most of this demand is met by renewables. This is a peak time of use issue, the article mentioned that!

Also, why is this news now?
The reason energy prices spiked last August was due to fears of lack of supply to meet Winter demand across Europe. Welcome to summer 2022 :cry:
Sorry. I do apologise. Despite working in the electricity industry I had clearly forgotten that the electricity used in homes and factories was different that that to used to charge vehicles.

Sorry. I do apologise. Despite working in the electricity industry I had clearly forgotten that the electricity used in homes and factories was different that that to used to charge vehicles.
scientist-science.gif

What's the current consensus on the best "one stop" option for an app or charging account with access to the biggest variety of chargers?

On the odd occasion I'm travelling far enough to stop and charge I don't really want to have to find and download a new app each time if avoidable.

Octopus electroverse looks like it covers a good few of them

Edit - accepting that chargeplace Scotland and Tesla will always be separate

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom