• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
EU AMD prices are almost sane, I'd say most of the lineup would be fine with a 50-100€ discount.
You can now actually get a 6950xt under 800€ and a 6700xt at 400€ which is a relatively fair price.
New gen is still overpriced though.

Soldato
and some, though some countries not as badly scalped as the uk, from what im seeing

What matters to us here is the UK prices and sadly the reality is we are still being scalped but in a different way now. Also not just regarding electronics but in everything now.. Thanks to the
BREXIT
and thanks to this government..

Things will not change till major changes are made right at the top.

Associate
What matters to us here is the UK prices and sadly the reality is we are still being scalped but in a different way now. Also not just regarding electronics but in everything now.. Thanks to the
BREXIT
and thanks to this government..

Things will not change till major changes are made right at the top.
UK prices for Graphics cards are & have been for years, in line with the cheapest EU countries, such as Germany & Netherlands. The rest generally pay more. So whatever your beef with Brexit, or the government, they both have very little to do with PC Parts prices.
That's due to the relative strength of the dollar, which is affecting the EU just like us.

Last edited:
Soldato
UK prices ...

Rip-off Britain is an expression used by some to refer to the phenomenon in which some products and services cost significantly more in the United Kingdom than in other countries, especially member states of the European Union and the United States, than a basic currency conversion would permit.

Soldato
You've just described future-proofing. You don't need to upgrade your 3080 this gen. Surely that's a good thing.

So many people want their GPU to become obsolete.

I have not the slightest temptation yet to upgrade it's fine for my use at 1440p , if say they released 4080 at £700-£750 I probably would have been tempted

Soldato
not sold on the brexit argument, growing up the uk was know as treasue island outside the common market because they ripped the uk off, but lets not go down the politics route as a gpu thread :)
I suspect the political situation is shielding us somewhat from potential price reductions. Like you've said you can get cheaper GPUs on the continent, I've see some in a certain rainforest £50-70 cheaper that come from the continent so i dare say if people could be bothered to look they'd find a lot more, so i know they're cheaper on the continent even accounting for currency conversions.

I'm only guessing based on my own experience, or rather lack of knowledge, that people are hesitant to buy from the continent because they, like me, don't know for certain if import duties & taxes are included. The last thing anyone wants is to buy a GPU for £70 less than you can buy it here only to discover you have to pay an extra £70 when it's delivered, that and the faff involved if you ever have to return it.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm only guessing based on my own experience, or rather lack of knowledge, that people are hesitant to buy from the continent because they, like me, don't know for certain if import duties & taxes are included. The last thing anyone wants is to buy a GPU for £70 less than you can buy it here only to discover you have to pay an extra £70 when it's delivered, that and the faff involved if you ever have to return it.
It seems to differ from retailer to retailer and courier to courier. I bought a custom PC spine for a PC case from Germany and it was shipped with DPD who handled all of the import duties and taxes.

I then bought a coiled keyboard cable from Austria that didn't have it included and it was held at customs for weeks even after I'd paid everything...

Definitely agree, I'm not sure I'd buy anything over £500 if you had to deal with the whole customs/taxes faff alongside the whole returns situ.

I know we don't want to make this a politics thread but christ Brexit and the fallout has been irritating.

I'm not sure what's worse, a politics thread or a VRAM amount thread.

Soldato
I suspect the political situation is shielding us somewhat from potential price reductions. Like you've said you can get cheaper GPUs on the continent, I've see some in a certain rainforest £50-70 cheaper that come from the continent so i dare say if people could be bothered to look they'd find a lot more, so i know they're cheaper on the continent even accounting for currency conversions.

The RMA situation is very complex,because for example the Rainforest site won't actually help with the relevant forms for importing RMAs.

In the end it's not worth it all,unless you can find a company which does international RMAs,and will help you with all the documentation.

not sold on the brexit argument, growing up the uk was know as treasue island outside the common market because they ripped the uk off, but lets not go down the politics route as a gpu thread
:)

It has an effect because a lot of the stuff which was sent to the UK was imported via European ports,especially those in The Netherlands which are huge. So Brexit adds another layer of cost to imports because of the additional Customs requirements now. This is not helped by the fact our governments haven't invested nearly enough to expanding the size of our ports and the necessary warehousing. It wouldn't surprise me even in the past this used to be the case.

Last edited:
Associate
UK prices for Graphics cards are & have been for years, in line with the cheapest EU countries, such as Germany & Netherlands. The rest generally pay more. So whatever your beef with Brexit, or the government, they both have very little to do with PC Parts prices.
That's due to the relative strength of the dollar, which is affecting the EU just like us.
It's surprising the amount of people try to blame Brexit for everything.

Majority of issues are often from other causes and those that are genuinely due to Brexit are not actually due to Brexit itself but rather the government's incompetent handling of Brexit.

Secondly when you actually price convert from Dollar to GBP then add 20% tax we're not even that far out from what they pay over there basic primary school maths will tell people this but alas.

Sorry my bad, it's all brexits fault! Grrr

Last edited:
Soldato
Not looking good when you go any random price tracking site and see price trend look mostly like this:

The only good news is that is no need take a screenshot as ASCII art can easily handle this :D

So, the quickest way to get OCUK thread looked would be if to title it: "Because of the B-word, has card X or Z not got enough VRAM?":D

Soldato
One place is having a GeForce Deals Week :cry: how does a 3070 for £530 sound? a 3080 for £690? no? how about a 3070ti for £580. Get ****** is my response.

Yes I saw that earlier and had a chuckle and of course retweeted many times by Nvidia this so called amazing deal... Well this is basically saying they are the fixed prices now and the 4070 when it comes out will be $750 so they can fit it in the prices of other cards.

Geeze how the world has changed.. $750 would buy you the best AIB xx80ti back in the day and some change left over (we even complained then the prices were shocking.. how unaware we all were to what was coming), now they want that for xx70 class as they call them but we know they are really xx60 class .. anyways honestly just disgusted by the world at the moment and what is happening in everything. :(

Feel sorry for the people still after a gpu upgrade or in need of one just to get a system working or a new system in general as all the parts are silly prices at the moment.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, looks like my dream of having a good 4k system is going to have to be put on hold, I'll just have to play my backlog of older games, turn settings down and just wait it out. **** nvidia, amd, intel and all the other greedy companys.
I feel your pain. It's now a race between price drops and my steam backlog.

It's a huge backlog. But I'm starting to worry!

Back
Top Bottom