• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Soldato
Feel sorry for the people still after a gpu upgrade or in need of one just to get a system working or a new system in general as all the parts are silly prices at the moment.
I feel more sorry for the people whose jobs depend on people buying GPUs like game devs, AIB partners, manufactures and sellers of computer hardware. While i don't doubt people are still buying those things i also don't doubt that some people have either switched to consoles or simply not bought a game or other hardware because of the ridiculous prices of GPUs.

I'm not sure there's much (any?) data that splits out PC/console games sales or PC hardware (not complete systems) but it would be interesting to know if there's been any slow downs in recent years.

Soldato
Not sure how much you can optimise a game to run on things like 1050, 60, 3060 laptop GPU, 2060 and 3060 (those being the top 5 GPUs according to Steam HW survey). I'm not saying there's no game that will run on those but even though I've not looked at benchmarks for those i suspect they'd struggle with the newest triple A games at 1080p.

Soldato
Not sure how much you can optimise a game to run on things like 1050, 60, 3060 laptop GPU, 2060 and 3060 (those being the top 5 GPUs according to Steam HW survey). I'm not saying there's no game that will run on those but even though I've not looked at benchmarks for those i suspect they'd struggle with the newest triple A games at 1080p.
I run most games fine on my son's 3050 laptop.

Switching on DLSS on Control etc normally results in 60 frames+

Sometimes I do wonder why I updated my main PC lol ;):D

Klo

Klo

Soldato

I've played Hogwarts Legacy on high on 1080p with a RX570 with FSR2.0. Its not the crispiest graphics in the world, but in the end I forgot about that and just enjoyed the game.

Soldato
People seem to be missing the bit where i said "I'm not saying there's no game that will run on those but even though I've not looked at benchmarks for those i suspect they'd struggle with the newest triple A games at 1080p." :)

Associate
I've played Hogwarts Legacy on high on 1080p with a RX570 with FSR2.0. Its not the crispiest graphics in the world, but in the end I forgot about that and just enjoyed the game.
That is what it`s all about the Game not the eye candy that said with some games do need the eye candy first person shooters are a good example.

Soldato
Surely that's a good thing for us? Game developers will now need to optimise their code so it runs better on older GPUs. Too many games have inefficient code that requires a beefed up PC to run.
Like back in the day when Intel was king (basically), not offering much in terms of performance from one gen to another and devs were forced to optimize as well... our pockets also were happy, no need to upgrade :))

Reactions: TNA
Soldato
One place is having a GeForce Deals Week :cry: how does a 3070 for £530 sound? a 3080 for £690? no? how about a 3070ti for £580. Get ****** is my response.
Yes I saw that earlier and had a chuckle and of course retweeted many times by Nvidia this so called amazing deal... Well this is basically saying they are the fixed prices now and the 4070 when it comes out will be $750 so they can fit it in the prices of other cards.

Geeze how the world has changed.. $750 would buy you the best AIB xx80ti back in the day and some change left over (we even complained then the prices were shocking.. how unaware we all were to what was coming), now they want that for xx70 class as they call them but we know they are really xx60 class .. anyways honestly just disgusted by the world at the moment and what is happening in everything. :(

Feel sorry for the people still after a gpu upgrade or in need of one just to get a system working or a new system in general as all the parts are silly prices at the moment.

Nvidia and AMD are relying on people's ignorance,their fans and the FOMO crowd to pull all this off.

Associate
GPU prices are going to go UP

4070 ti is selling out at most retailers now, check for yourselves.

Not sure if Nvidia are up to their old game of restricting supply

Associate
Would be funny. Would see how many of the people here happy to buy the 3090/4090 suddenly start whining at the pricing :p

We would have an whole army of purgatory's I recon :p:cry:
Nah, instead of targeting the top 5% of gamers they will simply target the top 1%.
After all, margins are all that counts, right?

Soldato
GPU prices are going to go UP

4070 ti is selling out at most retailers now, check for yourselves.

Not sure if Nvidia are up to their old game of restricting supply

What?

3 clicks to this sites shop shows you their page of... 12 different versions of 4070Ti's in stock.

Back
Top Bottom