• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Soldato
Out of curiosity are the numbers from AMD total company or just their GPU segment, i only ask because when i tried to find their profit margins on GPUs i had a heck of a time and gave up. :)
Not sure if they even need to, GPU is such a tiny slice of their overall business (heard a 4% figure being thrown around before)

Associate
Loving this Sapphire XT I got Friday, lovely lovely card gives me 28k TS gfx score using 330-340W and has more than enough grunt imo for a casual-ish gamer. Absolute quality cooler too :cool:

If these get to £699 they'll fly out!
I know you weren't being literal with casual gamer. But it's just hammers in how high pricing is that £600-£700 is currently 3rd or 4th down the hierarchy for AMD and Nvidia.

Not related to your comment. It's been really interesting seeing everyone's comments about historical pricing, Gamers Nexus have mentioned it a lot to in their reviews.

But I am not sure what that leaves a new person or someone with older hardware where modern games (even those where a bad port is not an issue). Just hold out I guess, I have just given up on that after 4 years. Will be buying my first card that's over £200 this year.

I am just hoping that I will be lucky and that prices will fall further by the time we hits September. This seems on course to happen but never any guarantees.

Associate
If AMD want to be really bold then they use the opportunity of the Navi31 7800XT to position Navi32 where it really belongs: as the 7700XT - with a ~£425 price.

No chance, huh?

Soldato
Makes you wonder what they will do with the 7800XT. Fair bit of room before you hit the 7900XT. They're daft enough to try and sell it for £600 even after seeing the 4070 debacle :cry:
but if the 6950xt is going to retail at 599 like in states. then theres not much room to slip it in, you have the 6800 series around t he 500 mark, its getting crowded around the mid teir pricing and im guessing the 4070 will also drop to around that 500 mark eventually

Soldato
but if the 6950xt is going to retail at 599 like in states. then theres not much room to slip it in, you have the 6800 series around t he 500 mark, its getting crowded around the mid teir pricing and im guessing the 4070 will also drop to around that 500 mark eventually
I suspect, they will shift all the 6000 cards first hence so far only a rumour of the 7600XT at Computex. Once they've got rid of all the old cards they announce the 7800XT and slot it in as the replacement. I imagine the 6800XT and 6950XT stock is pretty depleted by now. I did my bit and bought one, very pleased for the money.

Associate
Only reason why I don't want rDNA 2 is no av1, even if a 7800 performs a little bit better, that's the performance bracket I'm wanting to upgrade to and have av1.

Less power and slimmer cards of course, I still use my PCI express slots

Back
Top Bottom