• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

People often want a pc for lots of other reasons.

So the cost of a gaming PC isn't much more than the card.
Each plays as it wants. PC offers more flexibility which can come at a higher cost.
Could buy a decently priced laptop for PC stuff and still use the console for gaming, probably will still be cheaper than a full PC with a high-end GPU in it.

Theres so many people on here that pay for higher end GPU's and this is not the normal type of gamer, most here on these forums are enthusiasts, wanting the latest shiny to show off, gaming at 1440p & 4K so need the higher end.

My 3060 Ti runs 4x 27 inch 1080p monitors so i dont need a £600+ GPU but its getting to the point that i will need to spend £600+ just for the graphics card and at that point i might just quit PC gaming altogether.

Only reason i still game on my PC is because i play DayZ which has a load of modded maps that are not even available on Console and most likely will never be due to legal reasons.

Jensen is squeezing the low to mid range gamers out of PC gaming though this is good for the AMD consoles at least.

Nvidia hiking prices again too.. its a joke.

Glad i'm turning 55 soon, might just be good timing to get out of this s*** show.

6u2ud30.png

Last edited:
We will see when it's released. Wait until digital foundry or whoever try to match their settings. I'm confident it will cost them a lot more money to match it.
It won't as we already know it'll be 45% more powerful than the PS5 which puts it at 7700XT range. There is nothing more to it.

A 3080 or 6800XT from 2020 will still outclass it. If you bought one of these two popular cards back then you can easily wait to upgrade until the PS6.

Last edited:
It looks like the 7700 and 7800 XT prices are starting to drop along with the 7900 XTs. 7900 GREs seem to either have increased slightly or are out of stock. This maybe suggests the GRE is a limited stock model to prop up the AMD tier prices for as long as possible before the 8xxx cards release?

The 4090 prices have gone up since that rumor of AMD remaining around 7900XTX levels of performance with RDNA4. I don't think there will be any significant price drop even with 5000 series.

I really dont understand GPU prices anymore.

As they have creeped up in price over the last few years, the percentage differences in prices compared to performance just don't make sense really, especially if you factor in anything above the cheapest of each range.

For example, 4070's can be readily had for £499, yet there are so many 4060ti models hovering above £400 with only a few of the cheapest a bit below.Then there is the 16gb model where the vast majority sit at like £30-£40 less than a 4070...!

The 4070 is significantly faster for ~£100 more. What is an extra £100 when you are spending £400 or more anyway?!

It feels like they are just getting more and more bunched up in the middle now that manufacturers seem to want ~£300 just for a basic low end XX60 level card.

I just don't get where the market is for 8gb 4060Ti's above £400? Which insane people are buying them? Surely you would just spend another £100 and get the vastly superior 4070 and more vram?

Same goes for the bunching up between the 4070, 4070 super and 4070ti. I know two of those are technically discontinued, but we don't seem to get the nice sales for the old models any more. They just kind of awkwardly shove new cards into the stack with silly small differences between prices.

Last edited:
The 4070 is significantly faster for ~£100 more. What is an extra £100 when you are spending £400 or more anyway?!

Don't get me wrong, I agree on the insane pricing but £100 is a 25% increase, it's not insignificant.
In a perfect world we wouldn't be paying these (IMO) crazy prices but they'll continue to sell them at those prices if people are willing to buy them, and they currently are.. :/

Don't get me wrong, I agree on the insane pricing but £100 is a 25% increase, it's not insignificant.
In a perfect world we wouldn't be paying these (IMO) crazy prices but they'll continue to sell them at those prices if people are willing to buy them, and they currently are.. :/

But I don't think an extra £100 is really much when you are spending £500, especially when you get something 35% faster and with more vram.

When you consider you'd likely get much of that £100 back (probably at least half) on resale anyway as well, I just don't get it.

I think the low to mid end prices need seriously restructuring.

Last edited:
Looks like a few of the 4090 prices have gone up a little bit :):):)
lol yesterday you could buy a whole pc 13th gen intel i7 and a 4090 for about as much as single vendors were selling the 4090 alone for. thing is if you arent on high res you still dont even need powerful cards to play even the latest games. so i dont get why people are shelling out for over priced cards. 1080 res which is still the main res most use you dont even need more than a 1070 gtx. lol. that will play anything at that res and not even a 100 quid. 1440 there are cards that are 200 300 quid which will do that as well.

thing is if you arent on high res you still dont even need powerful cards to play even the latest games.
This. 3080 10GB still playing everything I want at 1440p, any details that get reduced make no noticeable difference in what I see in the vast majority of cases.

What we get for an upgrade nowadays is far less than it was. If you were lucky enough to be able to snag a 3080FE, it's up there with one of the best ever in terms of price to performance. Price to performance is nothing like what it was.

But I don't think an extra £100 is really much when you are spending £500, especially when you get something 35% faster and with more vram.

When you consider you'd likely get much of that £100 back (probably at least half) on resale anyway as well, I just don't get it.

I think the low to mid end prices need seriously restructuring.

But £400 > £500 IS a big difference. Maybe not for you, maybe not for me but it's there and we're not the entire market.
I went with a 6750XT a short time ago, why? Because it was under £250 and I don't need/can't justify even a £500 card. You take what you can get within your budget.

lol yesterday you could buy a whole pc 13th gen intel i7 and a 4090 for about as much as single vendors were selling the 4090 alone for. thing is if you arent on high res you still dont even need powerful cards to play even the latest games. so i dont get why people are shelling out for over priced cards. 1080 res which is still the main res most use you dont even need more than a 1070 gtx. lol. that will play anything at that res and not even a 100 quid. 1440 there are cards that are 200 300 quid which will do that as well.

I try to look at it as for the amount of hours I spend on my computer almost everyday I most likely get better value for money out my highly over priced gpu then just about anything else I spent money on

Last edited:
But £400 > £500 IS a big difference. Maybe not for you, maybe not for me but it's there and we're not the entire market.
I went with a 6750XT a short time ago, why? Because it was under £250 and I don't need/can't justify even a £500 card. You take what you can get within your budget.

Still don't agree.

Who can afford between £400 and £450 on a gpu, but not £500?

Considering you'd make back a reasonable amount of the difference when selling/upgrading.

I just don't understand who is buying those 4060tis over £400 when there are 4070s for sale everywhere, readily available for ~£500. You can even get a 4070 super for £550!

The low and mid range is too bunched up courtesy of the low range being far too expensive.

The price stack doesn't make sense and I'm flummoxed as to how they have managed to get it work. Consumers are just a bit dense I guess.

It would all make far more sense if the 4060 was a £200-£250 card and the 4060ti was a £300 - £350 card.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom