• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Soldato
Prices seem to be going down everywhere except UK. OcUK now charging £829.99 for the Sapphire 7900xt. Must think people are stupid....

What the ****? It's more expensive then the pulse version which is a more premium card......

I was sort of half ish thinking about a new GPU few weeks ago, now I'm not in the slightest, this is ridiculous.

Soldato
What the ****? It's more expensive then the pulse version which is a more premium card......

I was sort of half ish thinking about a new GPU few weeks ago, now I'm not in the slightest, this is ridiculous.

Probably because we have enough idiots here who chuck these things on credit.

Gamers are a gullible breed, slap rgb or tag it gamer then hike the price up, also cosmetics and microtransactions. They flock to it like a moth to a flame!
:cry:

Then defend their right to be taken to the cleaners.

Last edited:
Soldato
Gamers are a gullible breed, slap rgb or tag it gamer then hike the price up, also cosmetics and microtransactions. They flock to it like a moth to a flame! :cry:

For some tho they are avid gamers but without "complete" focus, or even awareness, at an extreme, of the hardware they are using or wish to be part of the group who feel the need to continually replace it.
Our son is like that. He would sooner spend his spare cash on his family, and other things, than bother about his PC hardware, often making do with my donations. It isn't about money, well not completely, he is content with his GTX 1080 and a 1080p monitor. He thoroughly enjoys the games he plays and is happy enough to turn down the settings as needed.
He certainly does not keep up at all with reading about PC tech.
As long as his PC works for what he uses it for he is fine. No real internal or external influencers, as long as it isn't broken.

A friend that I know is equally happy, but has much less time to use his PC, with a 4090 and an equally balanced rest of a high end computer, typically playing Indie titles.
Not a criticism but just an observation that there are many flavours of PC gamers, ranging from truly "the don't care less" about hardware to the "that's compellingly nice and shiny to buy", I'll justify that.

Each to their own I suppose

str

str

Soldato
People need a new GPUs and why shouldn't it be enough justification for finding more money to do so?

I looked into the CMA and how it intends to resolve this situation and it appears a solution does not exist.

Basically, our favourite retailers aren't being anti-competitive and regardless that they continue to follow the raising prices trend that has become the industry norm, they aren't being held accountable for consumer protection violations.

Fiduciary duty dictates that management must not lower prices without a good reason to do so. Until new legislation exists or they become fearful of it being deemed unlawful, all one can do is find more GPU money and buy whatever fits your new budget.

Occasionally there are price reductions or old stock being sold much cheaper than expected. I was lucky enough to find brand new EVGA 3090TIs for less than £800 from a major retailer.

str

str

Soldato
wow really i guess i will stick with it for a while longer.

For perspective in the second hand market.

A 2080 (non-TI) is probably worth around £150 and a 3080 10GB just sold on the MM for £400. So £250 for ~50%+ performance if you were to sell your 2080 and find a similar deal on a 3080.

Brand new a 4070 for ~£600 is probably the equivalent upgrade.

Permabanned
For perspective in the second hand market.

A 2080 (non-TI) is probably worth around £150 and a 3080 10GB just sold on the MM for £400. So £250 for ~50%+ performance if you were to sell your 2080 and find a similar deal on a 3080.

Brand new a 4070 for ~£600 is probably the equivalent upgrade.

never thought of going second hand, will take a look on ebay see what they are going for and maybe sell it for the extra funds.

thanks

Permabanned
wouldn't bother with fleabay, prices are high and a load have been mined to death, MM is best, unfortunatly you wont get access for a good while yet

prices are all over the place on ebay mining is an issue yes i am sure, i get paid in 2 weeks so will put the extra and get a 4070 that should last me for a few years.

the 2080 will pass down to my brother i think not worth the hassle i gather with ebay.

Soldato
i was looking for a replacement, was desperate as mine died, bought 7 yes 7 in total on fleabay, everyone got sent back, all had issues, luckily my neighbour selling his 3070 as emigrating and got it cheap, but more importantly i knew its history

Permabanned
i was looking for a replacement, was desperate as mine died, bought 7 yes 7 in total on fleabay, everyone got sent back, all had issues, luckily my neighbour selling his 3070 as emigrating and got it cheap, but more importantly i knew its history

7 returns what happened there then that is madness, i have bought 1 from there and sold 2 no issues but i have heard off others its a crazy place to sell.

Associate
I completely chucked pc gaming awhile before lockdown. My 980ti gave up the goat and my pc has remained untouched since then.

The price of GPUs is appalling. I think I paid 500-600 at the time for a 980ti, which was a lot I thought. Top of the range cards were pushing towards/at a grand.

What's a top of the range card now 2k? That means a 4080 is then 1200. Looking at the cards now I don't see anything worth buying under a 4080 but at 1200, they've got no chance I'll part with that. I decided to buy a PS5 at the end of lockdown for retail instead.

Unfortunately like everything these days company's have got greedier and greedier but people keep buying so its not changing. We can only hope that with the rise in interest rates that stock may sit. Let's face it we have always over paid in Britain. It's been called rip off Britain for a reason for a long time.

Surely the price of GPUs has a knock on effect for the whole industry. If they were more reasonably priced I would have bought one well before now and then been spending on upgrading other items and purchasing pc games also.

I can't see me buying a new one any time soon and if things don't change I'll never bother with PC Gaming again.

Back
Top Bottom