Where did you go on your bike today?

Soldato
Rode to & from Hereford yesterday.

Someone died on the A40, huge queue which we got to the front of, waited around for half an hour or so and they let us through.

o_1ah3r6k4i1dr1cd71grr126613cra.jpg

Fun ride there and back though.

Was pretty cool being the only ones on the motorway for a while as we were first they let go :D

Last edited:
Associate
I did a big loop this morning, using tomtoms "thrill ride" feature, with everything turned to full.

0608Route.JPG

Mostly a good ride. There were a few gravelly roads though, at one point, my back totally slipped out as I was cornering. Some guys were sat near the corner watching, so I either looked really awesome (in my head), or like a guy who nearly binned his bike :D That's the great thing about having such a light bike, just heel it and throttle back in.

Soldato
Rode to GT Motorcycles in Plymouth for their Ducati test day, along with my brother and my uncle. We each grabbed a ride on a Panigale (959, 1299 & 1299S) and were all left slightly underwhelmed.

The engines are the roughest sounding things I've heard in a long while, proper bag of spanners job. Slightly snatchy fueling coupled with overly tall gearing made the 1299 horrible to ride in traffic. It also cooked my left leg, the heat coming off it was unbelievable.

On the plus side the 1299 has stacks of power and torque, it pulls impressively hard from 70mph in 6th. The quick shift with autoblip on downshifts was also excellent, a toy I wouldn't mind having at all.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
(Yesterday) Went to 'Newlands Corner', awesome roads down there. Shame there was so much traffic and I got there so late. 30mph speed limits on m25! :mad: I filtered for like 30-40 miles non stop.

yVCubr7l.jpg

dsb

dsb

Associate
OP
Went to Pool Quay, lovely ride through the new forest, oads of horses and cows just roaming around.

Associate
A bit of a spur of the moment thing, but finally got around to doing the Rutland TT circuit today. Was up at 6, so decided to head out and just go for it.

rutland.JPG

There were some fantastic stretches of road, but not sure all the motorway riding (on a naked) was worth it. If I was local, I'd definitely do it again.

About 10 miles out of Melton Mowbray on the way back, my TomTom literally died. Just kept flickering and crashing, so had to finish the route via signs, then try and make it home with no maps (you can see where I headed down the wrong road before turning back...)

Soldato
A bit of a spur of the moment thing, but finally got around to doing the Rutland TT circuit today. Was up at 6, so decided to head out and just go for it.

There were some fantastic stretches of road, but not sure all the motorway riding (on a naked) was worth it. If I was local, I'd definitely do it again.

About 10 miles out of Melton Mowbray on the way back, my TomTom literally died. Just kept flickering and crashing, so had to finish the route via signs, then try and make it home with no maps (you can see where I headed down the wrong road before turning back...)

Nice, I can imagine an SM isn't the best thing for sitting on the motorway!

Associate
How long did it take you to do misterjingo?

I was out of the house around 5 and a half hours in total. But I stopped a bit, got lost etc. Also, my tank is a bit pants, so I always fill her up every 100 miles.

I was expecting to see more bikers. There was a load of them in mowbray, but I saw perhaps 5 total when doing the TT.

Man of Honour
That's not as long as I thought it would be to be honest, I was going to head out with the group yesterday and do a run round North Wales but really didn't fancy the 10/11 hour day.

Back
Top Bottom