Where you all at? (overclockers gaming community)

OcUK Staff
Thanks 5UB, I can completely understand why we don't have game servers and agree it would be a strain to host them.

Other members of the community provide there own servers and maintain them, So ocuk needn't provide any game servers unless/until there are people trusted enough to maintain them.

However as I'm sure you've seen it would be a nice idea to have a server thread, but also a public official OcUK Teamspeak/Mumble/Vent server for everyone to use.

Personally I prefer TS3 because the UI is nicer everyone has there own preference but they all do the same job.

I guess I could start it small, sort a Mumble and TS3 server, that way people can join what they prefer. - And then set up some Admins on those servers to keep the voice servers under control.

If anyone is going to the i51 in cov we can meet up and discuss?

I will be there more than likely, I assume you mean from OcUK or you mean anyone from the forums in particular?

Soldato
I guess I could start it small, sort a Mumble and TS3 server, that way people can join what they prefer. - And then set up some Admins on those servers to keep the voice servers under control.

I will be there more than likely, I assume you mean from OcUK or you mean anyone from the forums in particular?

Both mate, I will come say hello then ;)

Man of Honour
the funny thing is you may not like my replies but i actually suggested people like you to be admins if 5ub sorted it.:p

anyways good luck with it. :)

I just don't understand why your reply to Link was pretty much a copy-paste of what you'd written earlier to be honest :confused:

I often don't like your replies but recently you seem to have spent more time actually thinking about what you write so it's a shame to see you slide back into your old ways.

Associate
Lets be real here, everyone loves the idea of Teamspeak, Vent, Mumble, etc. The truth is that hardly anyone uses it! There could be 20 people in here all demanding a TS server but I guarantee it'll be empty most of the time. :p

Associate
A while ago I mentioned the TF2 server my community runs that anyone here is welcome to join if they fancy some TF2....I was told it was okay to say.

We're not that big so we only guarantee to fill the server on Tuesdays and Fridays though sometimes more

One thing though....we do tend to like a bit of banter as we're pretty social

ip: server.wdgclan.co.uk:27016

Soldato
There is a lot of activity on the overclockers PC Games forum and overclockers has a steam group.

So, Why is there not a community? What happened to our teamspeak server?

Why am I not on the ocuk Ts3 after work playing random games with like minded people?

A search for "ocuk ts3" nets a thread from 09, Am I missing something? is there an active ocuk gaming community / "clan"?

If not then why?

Good idea.

Man of Honour
I'm currently waiting to hear back from TS about my NPL license (first attempt rejected but I whined at them and I think it should go through this time). If so I'll set up a test server. I need to speak to 5UB about this though as I don't want to step on his toes obviously.

Associate
I think its a great idea to get a ts/mumble server for all ocuk people who would like to meet up and chat/arrange groups to play certain games.im newish to pc gaming and would like to grow the circle of friends I play games with online.

I don't see the point in having a mumble and a ts one though all it would do is dilute the amount of people on each,I don't care which one is used,if it allows me to speak to people after that I don't care there is so little difference I don't understand why people care so much,stop being awkward and moany it's really not a big deal.

Man of Honour
I think its a great idea to get a ts/mumble server for all ocuk people who would like to meet up and chat/arrange groups to play certain games.im newish to pc gaming and would like to grow the circle of friends I play games with online.

I don't see the point in having a mumble and a ts one though all it would do is dilute the amount of people on each,I don't care which one is used,if it allows me to speak to people after that I don't care there is so little difference I don't understand why people care so much,stop being awkward and moany it's really not a big deal.

A lot of the points being raised aren't due to people saying "waa, I want my favourite software to be used" (though some are). The other issues are likely to have far more of an impact.

Man of Honour
I've just had the reply back from Teamspeak which has granted the NPL license... so I will be setting up a 512 person teamspeak server shortly.

I've also spoken to 5UB and he has confirmed that at the moment he's a bit busy to run things.

I will be contacting members that run their own clans/groups soon and setting them up with admin (but I don't expect them to change servers - why would they?). I'll also set up various admins of channels based on trustworthy members on here. I also think it's worth getting a thread sorted with all the mumble/teamspeak servers provided by everyone on here.

Man of Honour
Cool, We need someone to create a thread, A mod perhaps?

Let us know when the TS is up, Eager to playing with fellow ocuk'ers.

Server is installed and seems to be working okay. Just need to configure it - hopefully I'll get a chance to do that tomorrow :)

edit: I'll create a thread that also mentions other TS/Mumble/etc servers for people. Mods can still edit it with people RTMing if need be.

Soldato
Server is installed and seems to be working okay. Just need to configure it - hopefully I'll get a chance to do that tomorrow :)

edit: I'll create a thread that also mentions other TS/Mumble/etc servers for people. Mods can still edit it with people RTMing if need be.

Good work. Just be careful when changing the 'Permissions' in TS, I speak from (bad) experience. ;)

Man of Honour
Good work. Just be careful when changing the 'Permissions' in TS, I speak from (bad) experience. ;)

What happened?

I deal with perms management type systems quite a lot in work and with other game/server config so hopefully I won't get caught out. Useful to hear about other people's experiences though :)

Back
Top Bottom