Which is the Most Advanced Mobile Phone of 2017?

Associate
I'm currently watching for a new mobile, preferably on iPhone due to coverage problems around us.

On other side
Samsung has started to ease up their UI however so it's not so bad any longer.

So, which will be good...?

Associate
If coverage is an issue that you have except with iPhones, then just get an iPhone? :confused:
Otherwise wait for the Pixel 2 and get the best 2017 Android phone that doesn't have a custom UI.

Soldato
If you get better signal on iPhones then wait for the 7s/8/X or whatever they will call it.

iPhones uses Qualcomm LTE radio chips like other phones, and recently some 7 models using Intel, but from my experience even with different antenna designs they all seem to receive signal as good as each other.

Associate
Most of the time yes, in same way as flagship phones will get better wifi and bluetooth modules. Maybe not in every case and it depends on your area but it could make the difference.
Where's your evidence ?
Have any independent comparisons been done ?
Screens,processors,cameras,build quality,I can appreciate they may well be superior in a top of the range phone but reception,bluetooth etc I'd imagine would be pretty consistent across the board.
I only notice differences in reception/signal when I change networks

Soldato
Where's your evidence ?
Have any independent comparisons been done ?
Screens,processors,cameras,build quality,I can appreciate they may well be superior in a top of the range phone but reception,bluetooth etc I'd imagine would be pretty consistent across the board.
I only notice differences in reception/signal when I change networks

Higher end smartphones use higher end Qualcomm modems, hence, for a given antenna surface area, they have better signal strength (perhaps) and quality (more likely). Wifi is a similar situation. On my Nexus 6P, I have the same WiFi strength as my S7 Edge, but the S7 has a much higher bandwidth over WiFi, far exceeding my download speed (which the Nexus 6P cannot do).

Associate
I'm currently watching for a new mobile, preferably on iPhone due to coverage problems around us.

On other side
Samsung has started to ease up their UI however so it's not so bad any longer.

So, which will be good...?

I've got an iPhone 7 Plus. After I had ordered the phone, much to my dismay, I found out that Apple had put a cheaper and worse-performing Intel antenna/modem in the iPhone 7's that they sell over here, whilst the US got the much better one (Qualcomm I think). After comparing 4G/3G speeds/coverage compared to my girlfriend's S7 on the same network, I can confirm that the 7 Plus is not as good, disappointingly.

The idea that because it's an iPhone signal coverage is better is definitely not true (at least in the majority of cases).

Associate
Higher end smartphones use higher end Qualcomm modems, hence, for a given antenna surface area, they have better signal strength (perhaps) and quality (more likely). Wifi is a similar situation. On my Nexus 6P, I have the same WiFi strength as my S7 Edge, but the S7 has a much higher bandwidth over WiFi, far exceeding my download speed (which the Nexus 6P cannot do).

OK,makes sense,cheers for the explanation

Man of Honour
I'm going to throw the Lenovo P2 into the mix. It's inferior to the phone listed here. But this thing runs for days. In an era where most phones are good enough the battery takes it above others.

Give me a Samsung or iPhone with this battery and I would pay what they are asking. Until then..

(Bought many Samsung's and iPhones in the past)

Back
Top Bottom