Which supermarket do you use for your weekly food shop (online delivery)?

Soldato
I mainly use Tesco, Because their "Clubcard Prices" do offer some superb deals with quite a bit off certain products...if you have a Clubcard.

Not only that its very local to me so saves a trek.

Caporegime
It's 35 quid a week for 4 meals for two, so it is a bit spenny - but the main thing is, for me anyway, takeaway avoidance. Supermarkets require a moderate level of planning and thought which I don't have the time to do each week. Gousto means I can 0 brain cell a decent meal without thought and I've avoided countless lazy takeaway moments.
I spend about 15-20 mins planning a menu for the week and hour to shop online for it. An hour at the absolute most.

Man of Honour
Ive used Ocado for years. Reliable, rarely substitute or have out of stock items, decent value. Preferred when they stocked Waitrose to M&S, but can get most of what I want there and usually next day. Was really good when the world went mad too.
Yep same :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Amazon Fresh (Morrisons) and in fact there's a delivery due between 10 and midnight heh.

The funniest part is I was in the supermarket this morning and bought loads, but also forgot loads hence the evening delivery :p

Soldato
Since Waitrose have done away with bags so your whole shop is rolling around in crates we've switched to Ocado. So much better and organised in plastic bags, so all your heating isn't escaping whilst you scoop all your Waitrose items up individually. Self righteous arse holes didn't think that out too well.

Soldato
Depending what your budget is and how much cooking you want to do there are various weekly fruit and veg boxes , as well as frozen meat suppliers which simply goes in the freezer and cuts down on waste. If you are not keen on cooking or don’t have time best avoided.

Associate
We use Tesco, decently priced monthly subscription for the delivery, and their policy on substitutions is great (you don't pay any more for a more expensive item they have used as a substitute if what you ordered wasn't available). Plus clubcard deals and points too, had a free day out at Alton Towers in the summer courtesy of these.

I was with Tesco from Jan 2007 until Mar 2020 with the yearly delivery contract in place. Even though I had 8 months left on the then-current contract in Mar 2020, they stopped offering me delivery slots. I checked at a few points throughout the rest of 2020, even in between the lockdowns, but to no avail. That was 8 months of delivery contract wasted.

Meanwhile, I signed up to Asda, totally new customer i.e. haven't used them before, and I got given a delivery slot every week from Apr 2020 for the reminder of 2020, without fail. I'm still with Asda now in Dec 2021.

It seems to me that Asda has handled the pandemic better than Tesco and it's not relevant if I'm a new or old customer at either of those places.

Caporegime
We use HelloFresh every second week and use New World, Victoria Park for our food shop (it is in Auckland CBD so may not be ideally located for some or even most readers - they do online deliveries but again, unlikely that your Iceberg will remain crisp due to travel times).

Back
Top Bottom