WHICH Z370 MOTHERBOARD ARE YOU CHOOSING AND WHY?

Soldato
Thanks for the insight I hadn't picked up on the better sound on the gaming 7.

I've always wondered why people have a bad opinion of gigabyte boards. They seem to look great and have good stats but other peoples opinions of them have put me off buying one at the moment.

I love Gigabyte. Asus is great also , but they are a little overrated imho

Associate
OP
I find Gigabyte bios just as easy as Asus. The last 2 gens I've been on Gigabyte and have use Asus as well. Asus is slightly better. You know I still don't know which one? Leaning more toward Gaming 7 mostly because of aesthetics it looks beautiful and I have to admit that £40 voucher can't hurt either lol

I was leaning that way too but i've just come across a post from 8pack saying hes doing a bundle for the asus apex 8pack mem and cooling which sounds tempting depending on the price.

Soldato
I love Gigabyte. Asus is great also , but they are a little overrated imho

it maybe the will reach reach plateau Gigabyte once did and get the shame marketshare and then go on a downward trend from producing same old

I was leaning that way too but i've just come across a post from 8pack saying hes doing a bundle for the asus apex 8pack mem and cooling which sounds tempting depending on the price.

If it was like the Taichi Ryzen 1600 which was a cracking deal on sale- but then ended up costing a lot afterwards - a lot of quotes to this package of the start of last month until it stopped 2 weeks in

Soldato

I can just see the price on that one. I would get the formula, have a feeling the price will be too silly. Gaming 7 looking better every time I look at it.

Associate
OP
I can just see the price on that one. I would get the formula, have a feeling the price will be too silly. Gaming 7 looking better every time I look at it.

Yeh I can imagine it'll be a foul price.

I want the formula for an easy addition to my custom loop but if it isnt out early nov my patience wont last and ill end up buying something else (probably gaming 7 now)

Soldato
Yeh I can imagine it'll be a foul price.

I want the formula for an easy addition to my custom loop but if it isnt out early nov my patience wont last and ill end up buying something else (probably gaming 7 now)

Hero or Gaming 7- theres bound to be an EK mono block for both and EK have added Digital LED to their Aorus x299 blocks :)

OcUK Staff
No one has mentioned asrock Taichi here which surprises me. It's doing 4K plus mems xmp without issue. Which is better than most. It's efficient and is not as expensive as some. I used it in a lot of my testing and it's working great.

Soldato
I know that you don't have to explain yourself but to a noobie like me, why did you pick that over this? https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...cket-1151-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-560-gi.html

RGB! But best audio bar ROG x299/x399 flagships- if your a streamer - sound going in quality with your mic is important but then they might be running extra audio gear . Steal slots , I believe they can take higher OC ram and more , higher quality VRM

No one has mentioned asrock Taichi here which surprises me. It's doing 4K plus mems xmp without issue. Which is better than most. It's efficient and is not as expensive as some. I used it in a lot of my testing and it's working great.

But that's were you come in haha , I don't think anyone has the muscle to show the board like yourself (technical abilities and video showmanship ) :D

I think of you rolled out your bundle like you did with the Ryzen 1600 Taichi when it was £550 , we were all quoting it and was just stupid not to buy, z370 version would fly off the shelf - guessing Intel's stock would be the problem :(

Associate
i chose the gaming 7 by gigabyte for a few reasons,

sound blaster on board
i have the older gaming 7 and its been superb (also has the sound blaster audio)
addressable rgb header
dual bios
bling...

it comes with a very slim rgb strip as well to play with..

OcUK Staff
RGB! But best audio bar ROG x299/x399 flagships- if your a streamer - sound going in quality with your mic is important but then they might be running extra audio gear . Steal slots , I believe they can take higher OC ram and more , higher quality VRM

But that's were you come in haha , I don't think anyone has the muscle to show the board like yourself (technical abilities and video showmanship ) :D

I think of you rolled out your bundle like you did with the Ryzen 1600 Taichi when it was £550 , we were all quoting it and was just stupid not to buy, z370 version would fly off the shelf - guessing Intel's stock would be the problem :(

My 5ghz bundle is available with Taichi as a drop down option. If people order a bundle they get the next lot of binned cpu first. If the bundle is not to your tastes cpu speed and ram can be changed accordingly.

Soldato
i chose the gaming 7 by gigabyte for a few reasons,

sound blaster on board
i have the older gaming 7 and its been superb (also has the sound blaster audio)
addressable rgb header
dual bios
bling...

it comes with a very slim rgb strip as well to play with..

Phanteks Halo fan covers for me will replace all LED strips :D just so much nicer and cleaner :D should check them out for your build

Soldato
My 5ghz bundle is available with Taichi as a drop down option. If people order a bundle they get the next lot of binned cpu first. If the bundle is not to your tastes cpu speed and ram can be changed accordingly.

and thats why no one can recommend the taichi board better then yourself :D

FYI- Tagged yourself in a build request for someone after the best possible Ryzen build/board - stated yourself knowing about it more then others along with your ram on it but couldnt swing him yet from the Trident Z- actually cant remember if these were b-die chips

Associate
This is the board I want when 8700k is back in stock, is there going to be any bundle deals with your ram 8pack?

Back
Top Bottom