Who can be an English football role model?

Soldato
There were plenty of would-be takers, but only City were crazy (Read: Stupid :p) enough to pay the ridiculous fee his 'footballing-pimp' agent wanted.

Soldato
Who else was interested? i dont remember him being linked with anyone due to know one really knowing how good he was as he didnt play much....and oh well 25m well spent tbh

Soldato
Its just the thought that an agent could use a player as a glorified slave to themselves, to make a huge payout from (Ie: Masch / Tevez) which annoys me about the move. FIFA should never of allowed so much agent power.

Caporegime
I wouldnt say he did....Utd couldnt afford him and there was no more takers so it seemed we were the only option...although 100k+ tempted him also :p

What are you on about?

iirc, United offered him what he wanted but he kept sprouting about how he's "not part of the family" and all this raddish.

He moved to City because they offered him the most money, it's really not hard to work out.

Why do you think Ade left Arsenal to go to City? You offered him more money?

The reason you didn't get a World class player like Kaka, is quite simple, because to some footballers, money isn't everything.

Soldato
I think they made a offer but Kia Joorabchin turned it down as it werent enough? but we offered full price.
Well tbh im glad we didnt sign Kaka as it was only going to be a robinho all over again...though i wouldnt be complaining if we did sign him like when we signed robinho and yeh i agree with that statement.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Manchester United offered the asking price, and offered the wages he wanted iirc.

He started sprouting on about how unfair he'd was being treated ect ect...

He then ran away to the richest club in the world, who agreed to pay him lots and lots of money.

Kaka might not of being Robinho all over again, money isn't everything to all footballers. Just a shame you can't offer them a better standard of football and have to rely on picking up mercs who play for money.

Soldato
Lineker is an intelligent bloke, you can clearly tell and I think he's great on MOTD, etc.

His record of never even getting a yellow card in games is pretty impressive too.

However didn't he leave his wife to shack up with a Lingerie model half his age?
...I suppose we all would given the opportunity.

Yup. Danielle Bux. She seems nice enough and honestly seems to want to be a good stepmother to his kids.

If we are going for retired players how about Tony Adams? Overcame his alcohol addiction which shows that he is both human and of strong spirit.

Caporegime
Yeah. Rich/powerful men having mistresses/whores isn't at all new. A few examples that come to mind are Tiger Woods, Bill Clinton and JFK. Just have a look on wiki for the history of our monachy and you'll see how come it was/is.

yes and look what happened to all of them. its wrong simple as. if they get married they should be faithful, they have taken an oath to do so. it doesnt matter if somebody did it in the past. the monarchy used to marry their cousins, etc. it isnt right and i know plenty of rich people who havent cheated on their wives, just because some of them do it, doesnt mean they all do and it comes as a part of being married to a rich man, thats simply absurd. thats like saying getting a beating from your husband comes as part of being an afghan wife and is the norm.

have you seen the scandals and the multi million pound divorces in the papers also?

Man of Honour
Yeah. Rich/powerful men having mistresses/whores isn't at all new. A few examples that come to mind are Tiger Woods, Bill Clinton and JFK. Just have a look on wiki for the history of our monachy and you'll see how come it was/is.

I sort of agree on the first part and Tiger Woods. But see Bill Clinton and JFK no, they are/were so much more than just sportsmen. I guess when the job's simpler or just kicking/hitting a ball or there's seemingly less responsibility then it's easier to take the moral high ground. I myself, and I know plenty of women who sort of take exception especially to slick willy for example who was president. Or a very rich businessman who provides a means for many others to put bread on their table each day.

I hope that makes sense.

Caporegime
Manchester United offered the asking price, and offered the wages he wanted iirc.

He started sprouting on about how unfair he'd was being treated ect ect...

He then ran away to the richest club in the world, who agreed to pay him lots and lots of money.

Kaka might not of being Robinho all over again, money isn't everything to all footballers. Just a shame you can't offer them a better standard of football and have to rely on picking up mercs who play for money.

Remember they could OFFER Tevez whatever contract they wanted, he was their player at the time and they weren't breaking rules talking to another player, the players owners didn't accept any offer, why would they accept 25mil for Tevez when City were offering FAR FAR more.

I've yet to see anyone at Utd claim they had an offer accepted for Tevez, and it doesn't matter what they agreed with Tevez or what contract Tevez was willing to accept.

Take pretty much any example, Arsenal could accept 5 offers for, RVP, 3 at 10mil, 2 at 12mil, the clubs agree terms with RVP and the player doesn't care where he goes, the person who signs on the dotted line gets to choose which club he goes to, that would be Arsenal, they can choose to accept the best, or the most convinient.

Agreeing a wage with the player, honestly, means nothing at all.

I have a hard time believing that Kia accepted a 25mil offer when supposedly City paid 35 or 45mil for him.

Ade wanted more money and had clearly tried to negotiate a move out of Arsenal the previous year, but was apparently upset Milan weren't willing to pay him a massively higher wage, then Arsenal, inteligently, rewarded him with more cash.

Back
Top Bottom