Who do you recognise by signature?

Soldato
No one. I never even look at names either. Your just an amalgamation of peoples opinions I call the Internet.
Inside my head you all sound the same.

Soldato
One of the things that's been commented on in the New Forum! thread is that posters tend to recognise other people by their signatures.

That interested me and I'm quite intrigued to know who people recognise most by their signatures. I must admit that personally I don't pay too much attention but I know there are a handful of people that I do recognise by signature. The most obvious ones in my mind are @Von Smallhausen (despite his doppelgänger ) and @kaiowas

Come on GD, who do you recognise most by their signatures?

There are one or two but mostly its avatars I recognise... yeah I know they're all generic but some are more common than others. I can usually spot someone by their avatar... :S

Caporegime
My sig has been deleted with the move over.

:(

I didn't even realise it was similar to Vons when I made it. Only just watched the films and fell in love with them and the characters.

Soldato
I did but turned them off for a few reasons...
1) Proxy blocked the forums due to some users hosting sigs on certain upload sites
2) Sig stealing
3) Forum performance.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I recognise a lot of signatures. It's also handy to have a colourful one so I can quickly scroll a thread and find my own posts :)

Soldato
I recognise a lot but can't remember the names. Even the text one's. Main reason for this is that the browser on my phone didn't display text large enough to have the username and avatars panel on screen and read convos with the old forum.

Soldato
It's the main way I know whose posted and I have an extremely good visual memory (not quite photographic but close) so in my mind it's quicker for me to recognise the sig and relate that to a person that to read their name, which seems strange but I've always been really bad with remembering names.

What really annoys me is when people change their sigs or have a "random" generator as I have to re-associate the new sig to a personality :D I know I've got to be on a scale somewhere with all this weirdness!

I have visual memory, so I recognise sigs better than written names. Skyfall is the one I recognise the most, or rather the 'set' of signatures that he uses. It changes upon refresh and cycles through a handful of sigs in greens / blues / purples.

Back
Top Bottom