Who have you got on your ignore list?

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Gilly said:
I see perfectly why people might use the ignore function.

We come here in our spare time because we like it. If somoene is posting irrelevant garbage all the time, and nothing else, why put up with it when the solution is in your CP?

This is exactly the reason i use the ignore button. People have there own style and if you don't like it just ignore. I don't want to read some childish garbage off someone who odviously hasn't even left there bedroom yet.
I do take things personally on here as i intend to meet some of the people that use these boards. I would find it very hard to be nice to some child that has been insulting me. The ignore button is great.

Having said that i only have two people i choose to ignore which i think out of the numbers that use these boards is pretty small.
I like it a lot here and don't want anything or anyone to spoil it.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
I have never felt the need to actually ignore people as I can usually spot a rubbish post within the first few words / lines. I ignore posts on a post-by-post basis :)

A few posters post crap almost all the time but many more make the odd tripe post - no sense in ignoring people on that basis.

Wise Guy
Permabanned
Jet said:
MrX.jpg

Sequoia ^^

His posts annoy for the simple reason that I want to know more about him. He's too mysterious for my liking ;)

I think we need a Sequoia autobiography post.
There's no mystery. What there is, however, is that I guard my privacy jealously. I only post on a forum if it can be done anonymously, and anything that threatens that anonymity doesn't get said. It might look mysterious, and that's certainly been said before, but that certainly isn't my intention and in fact it is just reading more into things than is there.

I wouldn't hold your breath for that autobiography post, however, since an autobiography can only come from me ..... and it won't be. :D

Wise Guy
Permabanned
Old Turkey said:
You know, it is refreshing to see that the majority of posters do have some backbone and do have a thick skin. Just imagine being so weak that you have to ignore someone.... How embarrassing! You really do have to re-evaluate your life if someone on an internet message board, of all places, is able to wind you up, to the extent that you feel the need take measures to ignore their presence. Deary me....
There are some people that, regularly, post absolute drivel. I come to a board for pleasure. Such drivel reduces my enjoyment, so I elect not to have to trawl through it.

Thick or thin skin has nothing to do with it, and neither does weakness, and I'm certainly not in need of reevaluating anything. I just have different criteria to you, that's all. If you want to read everything, that's your choice. My choice is not to waste time with certain people. What's wrong with that?

Permabanned
Tru said:
I never used to understand the point of the ignore list, but once you get into it, it's great. It takes a while to get over the urge to click on the ignored posts but after that it's all fine.

I agree. I started an ignore list the other day and it's working nicely.

I just have penski, Feek and Megzy on it at the moment but I'm sure the list will grow :)

Soldato
Personally, the ignore list for me is like a noise filter. Tru is the only one on my ignore list though penski will soon be joining him. Strange bedfellows indeed.

Soldato
Everyone on MSN, hate the thing, but I need it to talk to the clan leader (I'm co leader btw. and run/admin/maintain the site, and we are getting quite big, so need to talk every week atleast.)

In real life, no one luckily.

Back
Top Bottom