Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
The figures you guys are quoting are rather good. My friends Fiesta ST averaged about 34mpg and that was including long motorway trips.

Getting 50mpg out of one on average is seriously impressive. Way higher than most people get.

Caporegime
Well it seems like my throttle valve control unit is ****. Throttle/idle has just gone haywire and the car is throwing up these codes:

"Error Message : 3, Static errors:.*P2108 - Throttle valve (TV) control unit. Error Message : Malfunction.P2177 - Fuel system - Bank 1. Error Message : As of idling speed system too lean"

Had to get the car towed to my local dealer from work.

Horrible drive to work this morning, including losing all throttle response completely whilst going 60mph :(

Soldato
What was the verdict on tyres then? Measured and I'm at about 3mm all round (standard Bridgestones, not sure if factory or replacement though as car is on 28k). Definitely feeling the front end is getting a bit loose in the damp as winter goes by.

Associate
What was the verdict on tyres then? Measured and I'm at about 3mm all round (standard Bridgestones, not sure if factory or replacement though as car is on 28k). Definitely feeling the front end is getting a bit loose in the damp as winter goes by.

PS3's are a good choice, reasonably priced and make a big difference in grip from the standard bridgestones.

Associate
PS3's are a good choice, reasonably priced and make a big difference in grip from the standard bridgestones.
I'm almost due for a pair of new tyres for my ST, just wondering these other tyres that are supposed to be more grippy than the standard Bridgestones, is that just because they're a softer compound so won't last as long? If that's the case I'll just get another pair of Bridgestones, never had a problem with them.

Man of Honour
Hi chaps, I'm thinking of swapping my Golf MK5 GTI (2006) for a Fiesta ST (2015/16). I've had a look and noticed that nav only seems to be on the ST-3 model, is that generally true? How decent is the nav and is it easy to update etc?

Anything else obvious to check? I'll be looking at quite new models ~18-24 months old and hope to test drive one shortly.

Soldato
You can have satnav as an option on the ST-2.

I never bothered on mine, because whats the point when you can have a cheap Garmin that is just as good and has free updates :D

Caporegime
I have nav on my ST-2, you can update via SD Card and the updates are £60, so not so bad. Apart form the address input being clunky, it's pretty good. Even if you're not using nav you can have the speed limit of the road you're on showing on the screen.

Nothing to look out for that's model specific, other than the fact that yobbos like to crash them so make sure you do a HPI check.

Man of Honour
Ok ta. I prefer it to be built in/oem - I retrofitted the VW RNS510 headunit which gave me a decent nav and media player (40GB HD + SD card slots) in one unit. Looking at some it seems they only offer a USB cable to your phone for media?

edit: and SD card then too?

Last edited:
Soldato
Theres bluetooth.

Microsoft make the Ford sync software, so it's obviously a bit buggy and not much in the way of specific iphone support :p

Soldato
I find the Nav is great, except don't use shortest route :p I did by accident and it ended up taking me on a ridiculous series of narrow single track farmers lanes in order to cut about a mile off my 40 mile journey on Sunday night. My gf and I found it hilarious for the first five minutes but it got tiresome trying to find our way out!

Was this I think.. most hilarious https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/5...2m2!1d-3.4553991!2d52.9231816!1m0!1m0!1m0!3e0

Man of Honour
Thanks, and yes we've all done that with a sat nav at least once. On a trip away in Devon my VW nav took me down single lane tracks for miles at a time which was a nightmare.

Associate
I'm almost due for a pair of new tyres for my ST, just wondering these other tyres that are supposed to be more grippy than the standard Bridgestones, is that just because they're a softer compound so won't last as long? If that's the case I'll just get another pair of Bridgestones, never had a problem with them.

By all accounts on other forums, the ps3's have more grip and outlast the standard Bridgestones;)

I've done around 7000 miles on a front pair of ps3's and they probably have a good 4-5 mm of tread left on them

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi chaps, I'm thinking of swapping my Golf MK5 GTI (2006) for a Fiesta ST (2015/16). I've had a look and noticed that nav only seems to be on the ST-3 model, is that generally true? How decent is the nav and is it easy to update etc?

Anything else obvious to check? I'll be looking at quite new models ~18-24 months old and hope to test drive one shortly.

Bluetooth your phone and use Google Maps or Waze tbh, traffic rerouting is much better.

Associate
Yes the nav is pretty good. the real time traffic updates and reroutes are surprisingly good as well.
I agree, once you get used to the many dozens of buttons on the Sony unit the satnav works well. I've learnt that I should trust the live traffic when it redirects the route - there have been at least two occasions where this has happened and I thought I knew better, and was punished by getting stuck in stationary traffic.

On the audio side of things, I've recently started using Spotify with it which works really well, as long as you just use the car's interface for play/pause and skipping tracks, it's a bit glitchy if you start searching for albums.

Back
Top Bottom