Who here owns a Mini?

I have a BMW Mini Cooper Auto and I love it. It's done about 75k miles and no problems at all. Apart from one little episode where through a build-up of snow and slush behind the wheel arch liners which then froze, deforming the flimsy liners preventing the tyres from turning. I guess I was enjoying driving in the snow a little too much :D.

Can't post pics as it would be deemed to be promoting a business and some mods might have a little wee ;)

Did you bring that to a southern meet once, back in like 2009? I have vague memories of someone bringing a car festooned with Hello Kitty crapola

Don't think so. She's only had it since 2010. Plus I think I would remember the abuse it would have got me :p

Does anyone know a good place to buy random bits of trim? The rear bumper on the aero kit has some grill style inserts in it and they are looking a bit tatty.

Last edited:
It does. Its really clean the only thing with it is a slight D dent in the nearside rear quarter which is a real shame Im hoping I can get it pressed out. Wheels could maybe do with a refurbish at some point. Im amazed at how well it rides considering its on sports plus suspension with eibachs, its actually pretty comfortable!

This is the wife's mini, she loves them and this is her third.

It's started to rattle from the dash so need to have a look at that.

253aa57e49f4de7ea4a46a0b8012dc20.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my 2002 Cooper S which I've had for just over 6 years now.

front.jpg

frontside.jpg

side.jpg

siderear.jpg

rear.jpg

Modifications are as follows:

Teflon supercharger with 17% reduction pulley
GTT intercooler
Dave.f Airbox with K&N filter
Milltek stainless steel cat back exhaust
GTT Upper and OMP lower strutbraces
AP coilover suspension
Adjustable rear control arms
R53 Works front brakes
Goodridge braided brake lines
Facelift projector xenon headlights
Non runflat tyres
Aero honeycomb grilles

My sig needs updating too!!!

For DSB, the rattle might be the cup holders, i had that in mine but it only sometimes happend at certain revs/speed. Dead easy to fix you just need to tighten the crew in the cup holder.

Guys I've owned this car less than a week and already it's looking painful. New steering pump being fitted Friday. But more alarmingly, had the ABS / traction/ tyre lights come up. Tried to reset the ECU with the key and the speedo dial, still no joy. When you start the car the lights are on, go ten meters down the road the lights go out but the abs engages everytime you touch the pedal. Then the lights come back on and the system turns off.

You can hear the abs unit when you start the car buzz. Does this sound more like a pump or a sensor? A pump will be horrible :(

Last edited:
Could be a wheel speed sensor. The buzz when you start it is normal as far as I know. Try checking the tyre pressures and resetting the system with the button under the handbrake:
With the engine off, press and hold button until the light illuminates, then start the engine and drive until it goes off - usually v soon.

Didn't you get this from a dealer, surely it's under warranty?

No, private buy. Tried the button for the true pressures no luck :/ Guess I'm going to have to get it checked out. DOH. Expensive week.

Back
Top Bottom