Who here owns a Mini?

I'm not sure how fuel would make any difference since it's not going past the valves. As far as I understand, the use of two oil catch cans is the way forward, and BMW dealerships may be investing in walnut blasting machines to loosen and remove the coking.

Its the consequence of burning normal fuel, and not a lot of use.

From I have seen on the internet there's a lot of stupid Americans running them on the cheapest fuel available, and they are the ones with the most problems.

Morning all. Does anyone know where to put axle stands to hold up the rear of a first gen BMW Mini? I need to change the GFs exhaust mount but in 3 years of ownership we've never even jacked it up.

Can you jack it with a scissor jack?

Last edited:
I've just popped a deposit on a mini cooper s with the bbr tuning and suspension kit. Also comes with a JCW exhaust.

220bhp & 200 ft/lb of torque is claimed.

182311_247205765420989_1922144671_n.jpg

215344_247206645420901_449619707_n.jpg

62594_247207115420854_133003658_n.jpg

Last edited:
what's with the french stick?! hah
had any issues with the rust monster on the mpi? got a bad rep for poor quality panels, looked at a few when I got mine and there were some in worse nick than barn finds!
hoping to get some spare money behind me soon to fund another purchase of one for tanking around the single track here! (waiting for my neighbour to sell his pickup to me - only been waiting 15 years...)

My original Mini before I sold it

and 2 weeks after I sold it, it looked like this

Fire brigade cut the roof off to get the guy out, they said the harnesses and roll cage saved his life. Spent 2 years building the car from scratch and was and still am gutted to see it like that.

Had everything, hi-lo's, spax, genuine twin fuel tanks, seats, harnesses, roll cage, stage 1 engine, polished and ported head, rc40 etc

The rear bumper insert stickers on my GFs R50 Copper with the Aero kit are looking really tatty. Anyone know where I can get replacements? All I'm finding when searching is upgrades or drilling the bumper.

My first car was a Mini, an original 1982 City model with a 998cc engine and a 4 speed box. I absolutely loved it, and to this day is one of the most fun cars I've driven :D

Best port of call for anything on the technical side is Mini Torque as there are some really clued up guys on there. They like to get up on their high horse when it comes to styling and if you don't do what they think is right mind. Besides that there are plenty of regional group if you are wanting to do drives out etc as a bunch.

I sold mine early last year but I still do a lot of the Mini runs/shows with the club I was with up here as they are a good laugh and seem to be the friendlier of the various car communities I've come across.

Try and get a post facelift, they are much better (reliability wise)

Still have my mini, did a whole 50 miles in it in January :)

I'm buying my old mans that he's owned from new so I have the complete history and an honest opinion on what condition it is in (plus a bargain price). He's never had any problems with it.

Back
Top Bottom