Who here owns a Subaru?

Associate
I had the same issues when i did a sneaky trip to Santa Pod at the end of October after we had all been to shakey. I used launch control on all my runs, but had no grip whats so ever, quickest time i got was a 12.64 @ 113mph, the other runs were bad compared to my normal low 12s, 13.85, 13.62 and the last run i gave up 15.11 :(

However i raced on Sunday at North Weald, grip for the first part was really quite good considering its concreate, 1st run was a 12.27 @ 112mph, i didnt use launch control once this meet, i think having it set at 5800rpm is too high.

I had another 6 runs up the strip, and managed another PB by the slightest of margins LOL 12.13 @ 113mp i did that twice, also ran 12.19 @ 113mph twice, the sun went in, traction became a bit of an issue so i dropped to a 12.41 @ 113mph. We had a quite heavy crosswind all day, but nothing that caused too many issues. My last run, i didnt get any grip off the line, so cruised up the strip like i was driving Miss Daisy. 15.24 @ 72mph. Terminals came back down to 113mph where last time i managed somehow to get a 120mph terminal :confused: Tailwind possibly ??

I also had the pleasure of racing a GTR 35 :D as i wanted to see what the difference was between my potentially outgoing car to the potentially incoming GTR. I enjoyed the race hugely :D:D:D

I honestly dont think that the car is capable of a high 11 in its current tune, i know its only 0.13 but i consistently keep posting low 12s ( which is a very good time ) if i do choose to keep the car, then i can see maybe another little enhancement coming, that i have dealt with before and may look to employ to do the job again to get me in the 11s :D:D

Associate
TBH i kept the tyre pressure the same all the way through since the Methanol map, so before i race i always set the pressures to 32 front 28 rear, thats what i have run since we all met at the Pod back in September.

Do you rekon if i drop the pressures next meeting that i may break an 11, and what would i start with ?? Or just drop a couple of pounds each race ??

Any help appreciated.

Soldato
Thought i would take her for a spin as its been a while...Immobiliser wouldnt work, tried starting her up and nowt. Battery is 100% dead lol....

Guess it pays to use your car properly.

Soldato
Am I reading that right? Over 500bhp from a bunch of bolt on mods?

edit... Just read the last few pages where he dropped the forged lump in. That's impressive stuff from a standard lump. Love it!

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone else's Subaru been a complete bum hole? Had mine just over a year and it's been one thing after the other when trying to fit parts.

Soldato
I love working on mine. I actually find it quite methodical in how it all bolts together.

What sort of problems have you been having?

Soldato
Anyone else's Subaru been a complete bum hole? Had mine just over a year and it's been one thing after the other when trying to fit parts.

My GT86 seems to have a number of small issues. At the moment it's something odd with the clutch :/

Also rust on a couple of the pillars (at less than 5 years old!), which is going to be fixed under warranty.

A totally different experience than a car actually made by Toyota.

Soldato
Charged battery up. Car started.

Whats one of these solar charges all about then? Do you just attach it to the battery and leave it for when cars gunna be stood for a while?

Anyone else here have one and does it work nicely? No chance of buggering owt up?

Soldato
I recently bought one of the AA ones and put it in the car with a fully charged battery. It went flat after about a month.

The voltage dropped from 12 to 10v after about 2 weeks with having the alarm set. I then left the car without the alarm set and the voltage dropped from 10 to 2v. Although the car is parked against a wall so is probably only in direct sunlight for about 6 hours a day.

I need to check the current draw as it seems a bit excessive tbh

Back
Top Bottom