Who here owns a Subaru?

Soldato
Soldato
So all Subaru engines have a leaky cam plate?

It's doing my head in on my gt86. I just don't seem to be able to stop it, even with an aftermarket plate it manages to escape slightly :/

Associate
Well ordered myself the Perrin Cold Air intake kit £200 from Scroobyclinic as they reduced 6 units down from £330. And also paid £210 for uprated Red Mishitmoto auxiliary/radiator hoses

Next on shopping list will be tein flex Z coilovers, perrin front strut brac and white line front and rear antirollbar kit

Soldato
OP
Tein are hard.
Not a fan of MeisterRs either....

If you're getting coilovers shouldn't they have top mounts though? Whiteline used to do good top mounts, KCA335, don't know if they do rears.

Personally I'd say stick with anything rubber top mounts rather than solid to keep some compliance.

Associate
The Tein reuse the top mounts for the WRX STi.

Origionally id considered the Blisten B14 Kit then i heard about the 2 mentioned above being height and damper adjustable. Open to suggestions but preferably looking to keep the cost below £1000 as ill also be buying front strut and full antirollbar kit at same time

Associate
Right i finally have collected the impreza from TorqueGT.

And it turns out whilst they forgot to reconnect the radiator fans after working on the car. I never realised until I got stuck in traffic and was watching the temps constantly increasing until the oil temp hit 130 and I bottled it to figure out what was wrong.

Now I have been constantly panicking about every temperature increase on the oil, water and engine. Whilst driving I am getting roughly 90 on both the oil and water, and engine temp is about 1/3rd of the gauge. Can someone confirm they sound correct or are those temps to hot?

Also only 1 of the fans are working, so if anyone has any ideas what the fault might or has experienced on this type of fault the help will be greatly appreciated.

Soldato
90 is perfect for both, and the gauge position sounds about right. Just under half way.

Are the fan connectors on snugly? They can be quite hard to get to with everything in situ so just make sure they're full home.

Back
Top Bottom