Who here owns a Subaru?

Soldato
OP
Seems appropriate to bump this thread with my latest video:

Anyone else in here interested in the dyno day in a few weeks? It'd be good to have something to compare to on this dyno.

In other news I've picked up a good few bits from RCM, just waiting for an order from the USA, and for our dyno day to be done, then I'll cracking on with "Stage 1.75" :rolleyes: :D

Soldato
Anyone have experience with the Uk300 Impreza? From what I gather it's 245bhp which is a remap from prodrive? Though I've read prodrive do a ppp package for it too?

Soldato
Thoughts on a '99 GTB as a daily today?

I'm thinking;

Pros

Very cheep
impressive performance out the box and options to further improve
Practical
I like 90s Jap, 90s Jap is old and unbelievably expensive though, these are kind of under the radar so probably last chance to do it

Cons

Complicated twin turbo system with loads of silly vac pipes that like to break.
99 Ron fuel only or a remap
20 year old car
JDM, if something goes wrong and I take it in to the local garage, I'm guessing they wont have a clue what to do with it
Work are going to be ****** if I keep breaking down

Caporegime
I have a 2002 GTB (JDM) and use it as a daily. It's been relatively fault free since I bought it in 2009 but as they're fairly common over here, most garages know their way around the model so no dramas there.

They have a fair turn of acceleration but the turbo lag can be frustrating if you're pushing on - this can be mapped mostly out if it's a big concern. I get about 300 - 400kms twon driving out of a 50 litre tank so they're not the most economical of cars. Huge boot space but a fairly basic interior even by the standards of the day.

I don't think there's much difference between the second generation (your model) and third generation (my model) other than visually. Are you going manual or auto? The manual makes 206kw but the auto is slightly down on that figure.

Soldato
UK300 is a bugeye with a couple of Prodrive bits - 245bhp ish yes - but not worth any extra outlay unless you particularly like the UK300.

I have been offered one but it rather on the expensive side. Looks great though I do like the styling. May have to go drive one to see what it's about.

Guessing the Sti is different by a fair margin?

Associate
Anybody able to identify what both sets of the black connectors are in the yellow and blue circles?
One set should be for diagnoses of faults while engine is not running but there are 2 sets and one of them just emits a constant tone when connected.

nzuFUg2_d.jpg

Associate
I was hoping that it was possible to read any errors by connecting the black together.
Probably have to connect the green, then drive it to flag up errors, then connect black to read faults, been over 10 years since I used them.

Only really want to see if I have a faulty lambda sensor as it's currently less economical than a car with a 4L V8 that weighs 350kg more.
Getting 15.1mpg. :D:rolleyes::eek:

Soldato
Seems appropriate to bump this thread with my latest video:

Anyone else in here interested in the dyno day in a few weeks? It'd be good to have something to compare to on this dyno.

In other news I've picked up a good few bits from RCM, just waiting for an order from the USA, and for our dyno day to be done, then I'll cracking on with "Stage 1.75" :rolleyes: :D
What power did it make?

Soldato
Hello all, hope you are all good.

Not had my car out since the OcUK Curborough week, think i took it out that sunday then put it away and just not had the chance to get it out since. Went to it the other day and it was totally dead, no doubt i will have left the cabin light on as per, also zero fuel which is strange given i dont like it going below a quarter of a tank.

So ordered one of those booster charge blocks and a 20ltr jerry can, hoping to get it started tomorrow. Then to take it for its MOT sometime next week. This is all inaid of my mate sending me last years snow videos and i dont want to be the guy with a scoob who aint out playing in the snow lol :D

Drove a 1.6 disAstra the other day which felt like a proper rocketship compared to my usual daily (my 0- never got to 60mph van). So bugger nose what the scoob will feel like lol.

Anyone else looking forward to the snow?

Back
Top Bottom