Who makes the best Baked Beans :)

Soldato
Has anyone tried the 5 beans version from Heinz yet and are they any good or have they really misunderstood their market?

Ive just realised I should just buy a tin and find out for myself.

Associate
Heinz..but sometimes it can be hit & miss...sometimes the sauce is runny as I like..others..stodgy for some reason....either way I'll liven it up the odd occasion by throwing some chilli or curry powder in. Better still..a pair of kitchen scissors & I'll cut slices of pickled chillies on top..either way
..always heinz.

Permabanned
Heinz..but sometimes it can be hit & miss...sometimes the sauce is runny as I like..others..stodgy for some reason....either way I'll liven it up the odd occasion by throwing some chilli or curry powder in. Better still..a pair of kitchen scissors & I'll cut slices of pickled chillies on top..either way
..always heinz.

Yeh what is it with heinze they used to be brilliant

Soldato
My dad used to work for Heinz during the 60's and 70's when they were situated in Park Royal, London. I remember him taking a child me occassionally to a nearby pub and then to the Heinz staff shop where we'd be able to purchase classics like those Puddings that you steam in a tin, Toast Toppers etc!

He still religously buys Heinz soups and did used to buy beans until about a year ago I told him that the recipe had been changed so many times over the years that he's fooling himself if its the same thing. I gave him 4x tins of Branstons and his eyes lit up. Since then he avoids their beans but buys their soups still :o

Soldato
'nuff respect to the guy who said he still cooks his beans in a pan. Tried it myself yesterday for the first time in like 30 years, and man, never cooking them in a microwave again. A good ten minutes to reduce down Heinz beans and sausages, it was orgasmic.

The Sainsbury's own brand ones are quite nice.
'nuff respect to the guy who said he still cooks his beans in a pan. Tried it myself yesterday for the first time in like 30 years, and man, never cooking them in a microwave again. A good ten minutes to reduce down Heinz beans and sausages, it was orgasmic.
Actually makes a difference? I need to know :D.

Back
Top Bottom