Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
Just replaced all my discs and pads all round, found the water leak I had (washer bottle is cracked), fixed my abs/traction control error which was causing brake light to flash occasionaly as well (front left abs sensor cracked). New brake fluid and oil in as well.

Probably sell next year though as i'll have a company car!

Soldato
Whilst not an ST I feel it's the right place for it.

TXbG6Gp.jpg

8lil3G2.jpg

Roof links are on/off depending on what i'm doing. Other than that it's your standard titanium. Little bit of cosmetic changes to be done, just bits and bobs really and a good detail when the weather changes.

Soldato
At the recent OcUK dyno day my 2.2 TDCI (same engine as the ST TDCI I believe), with a few choice mods, made a handsome 178hp with 315ft/lbs with some added mechanical friction somewhere (Drag HP was up), down from 180hp and 334ft/lbs from last OcUK dyno day. While that doesn't seem that bad as the HP figure is almost the same, throughout the rev range it was upto 15hp down and nearly 30ft/lbs down and only hit those high figures right at redline :(

SO now I've got to find the source of this mechanical drag. You can hear it over 35mph as a metal on metal noise but nothing I've replaced (all wheel bearings, rear callipers etc) has made any difference.

Associate
Hi all. Had my ST for just over a week now and am really loving it. Sorry about the picture quality, am going to try and get some nice ones done this week:

20130416175253.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

20130416175305.jpg

20130416175459.jpg

The car itself has had just 1 previous owner and has done 56k with FFSH. Totally standard.

Associate
And it cost? :p

Nice car, enjoy :)

It cost me about £5k. I say about, as it was up for £5490, but I bartered them down a bit and then got them to put road tax on it as well and p/ex my car in, and looking at what my old car was selling for on ebay I think all in it cost me about £5k (£4780 plus my car).

Yeah, higher tax bracket unfortunately. But we have, as a family, gone from 2 vehicles down to one, so I won't be paying anymore this year in vehicle tax, will be about the same.

All in all it is in nice condition. A little scratch by the n/s rear wheel arch. I am going to try and get that out with some ScratchX. And, the CD head unit doesn't work. It is booked in next Friday to have that sorted. I am hoping they will just replace the head unit, and I can then remove it straight away, stick it on ebay and get myself a decent aftermarket one :D

Soldato
Ah, you posted about it the other day. Didn't realise you was the same person.

Don't worry about the headunit, it is a bit poo anyway compared to a proper Pioneer etc. So yeah sell it then get a Pioneer.

Good thing about having a silver car is that the scratches are very hard to notice. Unlike my PB paint, even the tiniest scratches show like a sore thumb.

Associate
Yeah, not bothered about the headunit. When I called the dealership to let them know it wasnt working, they wanted to fix it under the warranty. I did suggest to them that they just gave me something towards an aftermarket one, but they were not too keen on that!

So, my idea is to try and let them fix it (not sure if they will even try), or replace with a new one, then sell it on ebay and buy a new one.

Have been looking at this: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pio-avhx5500bt-pioneer-avh-x5500bt.html

Seems to do pretty much everything. I have an android phone and it says it works with android. At some point I would also like to get some TV monitors put in the headrest for the kids and I think this would be able to connect to them.

Soldato
OP
'Fraid so. Was only musing, mind you. I'm just quite fond of the E46 coupe.

I concluded that it isn't worth changing to either of those though and I can't afford anything better so once again I realise that the Mondeo is the best car for me :p

Back
Top Bottom