Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
OP
New head unit with Bluetooth audio and green illumination :D

178bt1.jpg

178bt2.jpg

Will take some better, more 'accurate' photos at some point

Soldato
I still have mine sat in a box somewhere, dunno where mrs as put it. just never can be arsed to buy a new fascia for it.

Also to be fair, i never have the music on anyway.

Something that passed on from having the VXR and listening out for the gearbox eating its self every time i drove it.

Permabanned
New head unit with Bluetooth audio and green illumination :D

Will take some better, more 'accurate' photos at some point

is that fascia as good a fit as it looks Howard?
Which one is it please ?
My stereo is playing up and I have an old stereo I bought years ago sat in the shed I could replace it with, but don't want to deal with poor fitting fascias again.

Did you bother with the adapter for the stalk controls ?
I use these all the time and I wince every time I look at the price of the adapters :(

Soldato
OP
It's this adaptor: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Mond...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d028d9873

The fit is pretty much perfect :) The only thing I've had to do is chop out small sections of the rear 'chassis' of the dashboard behind the stereo in order to accomodate the RCA plugs in the rear of my stereo for the subwoofer. This shouldn't be an issue if you're not attaching any external amplification though.

Yes I bought the stalk adaptors, well worth it IMHO, for the sake of £30.

On a separate note, looks like the Trip computer (mpg, miles to empty etc) LCD backlight has gone on mine now, to accompany the odometer one! Bit annoying at first, however reading here: http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Fitting_Replacement_Dials_-_Mk3 getting the instrument cluster out just looks like a few screws and a couple of clips, and then the bulbs (286 'wedge' type) just simply screw in and out of the rear of the cluster, so I've got some bulbs on the way from eBay and will give it a go when I have a couple of hours spare.

Anyone else done this job?!

Permabanned
It's this adaptor: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Mond...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d028d9873

The fit is pretty much perfect :) The only thing I've had to do is chop out small sections of the rear 'chassis' of the dashboard behind the stereo in order to accomodate the RCA plugs in the rear of my stereo for the subwoofer. This shouldn't be an issue if you're not attaching any external amplification though.

Yes I bought the stalk adaptors, well worth it IMHO, for the sake of £30.

£30 for the adapters!!!, that is very good value, I was looking on car audio direct and they were about £30 each (need 2 parts if I am correct, a stereo bit and a car bit :p)

I have a sub and amp and some door speakers, so for the sake of a few quid for a wiring kit I would be daft not to fit a sub really, the only thing is the box is bloody huge. :(

Imy

Imy

Soldato
35c0.jpg

At night, it lights the inside of the car up like a council house at Christmas. The looks haven't grown on me. Phone connectivity is great though.

Last edited:

Imy

Imy

Soldato
A screen based unit would have looked much better I agree but I specifically wanted front USB as I mount my phone on the vent as you can see in the pic.

Also I felt the screen would have been too low to have been safe to use for navigation and I already have TomTom on my phone. I also prefer tactile controls in the car rather than touchscreen.

Soldato
OP
Fair enough! Well I wasn't necessarily referring to a full touch screen, rather one that isn't a small segment display :)

Loving having bluetooth on mine now, just need to see my friend with his pro microphones and measure the frequency response of the speakers and get the parametric EQ properly set up.. I'm a bit anal :D

Back
Top Bottom