Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
OP
After a fashion, yes. I've done similar when measuring subwoofer response and plotting it on graphs but I don't have any microphones with a wide enough frequency response for full range speakers :p

Soldato
OP
Just changed the bulbs in the rear of the instrument cluster that illuminate the trip computer and odometer LCDs. Bit of a faff! I have no idea why Rybo calls me a perfectionist...

The odometer LCD has never lit up since I've had the car, and the other day the trip computer LCD backlight failed... and came back on two days later. So I thought I'd change them both for good measure. Bit of a fiddly faff but then I like things to work :p

lQLPFLq.jpg

5VK7bHa.jpg

You have to be very careful with the cluster itself apparently, not lying it flat face down or up, so I gently removed it and fortunately the bulbs (286 wedge type) just screw in and out of the rear of the panel. It's dismantling the steering wheel cowling and plastic paneling below the cluster that takes the time!

Imy

Imy

Soldato
I've got F1 AS2s right now and got no complaints. I think they're maybe a bit better in the wet than the Conti SC3s I had before but not tried the SC5s.

This is on the "dim" setting:

mg7l.jpg

Oh and, surprised at the difference between 60mph and 70mph for fuel economy. I was actually getting higher than that but started to hit traffic by the time I had explained to my passenger how to unlock my phone and take a photo.

4lv1.jpg

Howard, you should've done the dial light mod while you were back there!

Soldato
OP
What's going on I never get more than 20mpg at 60mph you must be lying etc etc ;)

Wasn't it easier to just take the photo yourself? :D

What light mod?

Oh and that head unit is quite bright!

Soldato
OP
The white isn't so bad actually but I didn't want blue or anything like that. Bit much effort for me I think considering how fiddly it was just to get the cluster out!

Plus my head unit wouldn't match the colours then, either. ;)

Soldato
A very capable car. Goes like a rocket and steers like it is on rails.

Very good little car. Infact, i was shocked at how good it was. The 3.2V6 sounds great to, as you would expect.

Soldato
A very capable car. Goes like a rocket and steers like it is on rails.

Very good little car. Infact, i was shocked at how good it was. The 3.2V6 sounds great to, as you would expect.

I just came across them today as I was googling GTA on ebay lol. Love the interior especially those seats just look so awesome. Unfortunately, I'd never be able to run it, must be a thirsty bugger and being Alfa, not sure it's very reliable.

I'm guessing you bought it and decided it isn't for you?

Back
Top Bottom