• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who will build a Ryzen PC (computer)

Soldato
I'm building one full water cooled, get just as much fun out of this as I did all those years ago when I done my first 32bit build ( 80386DX) 286 upgrade.

You have said something quite interesting. Every so often CPU's are released that are exciting, things that spring to mind are Cyrix 586, Cyrix M1 and AMD K7, these were game changers and put Intel on back foot, this new AMD chip feels similar.

Soldato
My building is cancelled.
I dont wanna buy cooler, i dont know why boxed versions comes without cooler

Buy the 1700 then. Will come with a cooler and will reach 1800X clocks even with that most likely.

If you weren't going to put decent cooling on, then the 1700X and 1800X are pointless.

Associate
Considering a move from a 3570k to a 1700x, or maybe even an 1800x.
I'm gonna wait until a bit after release though, see how people get on with them before jumping.

Not gonna lie though, been tempted to pre order a few times. :p

Associate
Considering a move from my 4930K, only because I'm starting to see instability issues and I've an itch to scratch.

Same and I'm not sure where the issue is. Probably PSU related but this is the first time I've been excited about a new CPU for ages so may try a 1700X/1800X.

Soldato
I'm not going to go bench crazy when I get my 1700, but what would be useful to people?

Will do cinebench, but what games have built-in benches? What other 1 two benches would be worth running?

And do we have any idea on safe voltages and temps?

Soldato
OP
I am just playing my way through the Crysis series in 2K screen size, I have a Zotac 980 Ti extreme on a Nehalem CPU i7 running at 3.6 Ghz, (6GB RAM tri channel) smooth as anything and it looks the business. So upgrading to anything else with a M.2 PCIe SSD, same graphics card and 16 GB RAM and intel/Ryzen will only be quicker. I cant imagine why anyone with a current or previous gen i7 would bother upgrading at all

Associate
I pressed the order button at the weekend. fk it this is going to be my decent pc for awhile I hope. Phantek Enthoo Evolv case, 1800x with Hydro H110i, Gigabyte K7, 32GB Ram, 1TB Samsung Evo M.2.

Soldato
I pressed the order button at the weekend. fk it this is going to be my decent pc for awhile I hope. Phantek Enthoo Evolv case, 1800x with Hydro H110i, Gigabyte K7, 32GB Ram, 1TB Samsung Evo M.2.
I did the same, have the Phantek Enthoo Evolv case ready with the PSU, cables and drives installed. Just need the mobo and CPU now.

Soldato
Just need to order a graphics card for tomorrow now. All look so overpriced, don't want to lose 50% on a £600 graphics card in a few months if Vega is good.

Associate
Same and I'm not sure where the issue is. Probably PSU related but this is the first time I've been excited about a new CPU for ages so may try a 1700X/1800X.

I think mine might be memory related. Both versions of memtest spit out errors (takes about an hour before it does though). I can run all CPU stress tests fine, but as soon as I account for any memory tests (i.e. Prime95 blend), it's no longer stable.

Back
Top Bottom