• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who will build a Ryzen PC (computer)

Associate
Yeah, might need an adaptor to allow it to be fitted, but generally it's the fitting brackets only that need modified. No reason NZXT shouldn't be able to release an updated bracket quite easily.

Will it fir into my case easy it it a full tower and quite roomy inside. Wont have to do any modification will I?

Where would be the best place to mount the radiator?

Last edited:
Soldato
I have 5820K and would love an upgrade especially to get faster single core performance, we'll see if Ryzen will be good enough. I certainly hope so.

Soldato
Still a lack of itx i see.

Last I heard it's a licensing issue. VIA and AMD do not have a cross-licensing agreement. They do with Intel. That makes it so that AMD needs to license it for each platform separately and it takes time. Not sure if that's really the reason.

Soldato
Will it fir into my case easy it it a full tower and quite roomy inside. Wont have to do any modification will I?

Where would be the best place to mount the radiator?

What Size AIO are you thinking of? your case will fit a single 140mm or 120mm in the front, or a 240 or 280m Radiator + fans in the bottom it seems, or a single 120m at the rear exhaust, if it was me, i would probably go with slapping a 240 or 280mm AIO radiator in the bottom, might need to mode the case slightly as im not sure if the mounts over the fans can be removed easily? if you went with front placement for a single 120mm or 140mm AIO, then you would need to remove the drive caddy as well, i dont recommend slapping it on the rear as an exhaust, ideally AIO radiator is better placed as an intake through the radiator rather than exhaust through it.

Soldato
I'm looking into doing a Ryzen build. Budget of around £200 for the motherboard, £500 max for CPU, although I might just go for a six core if it's decent enough.
Will, for the first time in I'm guessing over 10 years, be going for an AMD CPU+GPU build.
Funny really. I remember you making a post over 10 years ago about Conroe being a game changer for Intel. I wonder if I can find it lol.

Associate
I think you will be fine with any decent ram around 3200-3400mhz obviously the lower CAS rating the better, would say around C15 for 3200mhz is going to be ok, C16 for 3400mhz etc, Geil do some RGB stuff, G-Skill Trident Z comes in RGB too, you will pay more for RGB though.

Coolers, personal preference i think, im going AIO as it looks neater and tidy and the results are generally as good as the decent air coolers without adding all that weight on your mobo, personal choice on those would be NZXT Kraken 62, Evga 280 CLC, or at the cheaper end the ID-Cooling ones are superb for the money. For Air then Thermaltake, Noctua, Phantek or Cryorig coolers are all basically the better ones.

With regards to case, again personal choice, i think your current case is still decent, i have a Phanteks case and i can highly recommend them, but ive also had Corsair cases and they are superb and highly recommended as well.

The G Skill Trident Z 3200mhz CL14 looks awesome might order it now ready for my build

Back
Top Bottom