• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who will build a Ryzen PC (computer)

Soldato
If a bunch of 16-thread CPUs end up in gaming machines I have a feeling they are going to be severely under-utilised.

Though, if the price is low enough, might as well #YOLO it I guess. I'm doing a gaming build myself.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

If it matches my current 4770k, then yeah, I'll prob be upgrading to an 8 core Ryzen platform when I finish Uni at the end of May (need something to spend my last student loan instalment on!).

As I'm starting to use more apps that take advantage of more cores (Photoshop/AfterEffects/Premiere/3DSMax etc) I feel an upgrade to an 8 core will be beneficial.

Soldato
I am keeping a close eye on it.

i5 4670k user here with an RX480. Plays most games quite nicely but I have recently purchased a 1440p Freesync 144hz monitor so I am not getting the most out of it.

Ryzen coupled with VEGA could be a nice upgrade. Probably my last high end purchase too...

Soldato
Only if the IPC is around Broadwell to Skylake and the 8c/16t can be had for under £500. I might not bother because my 3570k is good enough for me but I do feel bad for not buying something that is very good for the money, after all I've had this for almost 5 years now!

Associate
Relentless81;30491710 said:
Looking to upgrade my 8350 for some time but Intel prices have put me off. Waiting for Ryzen and if everything turns out as the rumors suggest I'll be buying

Same boat, I'm not getting my hopes up but I would like an 8 core RYZEN SKU with the same IPC as the i7 7700k for the same or lower price

I can't make my mind up what's more 'future proof' hyperthreading or core count...

Associate
harry5522;30491749 said:
Thing is now, Ryzen will come out.. and intels direct response will come out and probably be faster. Going to be a interesting few months :D

Yeah there is that, Intel are due a big leap in performance, I get the feeling they have been holding out back due to lack of competion

Associate
as long as Ryzen got close enough IPC to intel, it will sell very well, ppl didnt get a reason to upgrade since the performance evolution or multi-core/threading was locked by intel behind a significant paywall.
now ppl have a reason to upgrade get 6/8 core have 12/16 threads, this might as well be what pc market needed to see a surge in pc sales, personally i will be getting an 8/16 Ryzen.

Soldato
Was going to but then found a cheap 6800k so am building with that. Granted, I'm disappointed with the fact that they're not having itx mobos at launch, as I was looking forward to that. Much less interested now. Still, I wish them the best, as I'd like to build again in 3-5 years and I hope AMD will be a serious contender then.

Associate
From Wccftech, and the author of same article that said the 480 was going to be better than the 980...

The headline is
'AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Specs Confirmed, A $320 Rival To Intel’s $1099 i7 6900K – 8 Cores, 65W, 3.7Ghz With Unlimited Boost & Unlocked Multiplier'

Wish this was true but won't be hold my breath

Soldato
mmj_uk;30491898 said:
I'm hoping that the new iMac's have them rather than Kaby Lake, 8 cores for the price of 4.
If a cylinder Mac Pro comes out packing Ryzen + Vega then Apple have a last gasp excuse for their not updating it for over 3 years!

Soldato
I will build a Ryzen system paired with the Nano initially and then Vega :)
All these custom WC with the P5 which is gathering dust unused since October....

And because my brother said he doesn't want the CPU since the 4930K I gave him is enough the 6700K, going to be delided (I have the tool 6 months now but didn't dare), grab a good overclocking ITX motherboard and build it with the Nano, when Vega comes out, using the Thermaltake P1 buying some cheap ram in the process. Because the 16GB 3600Mhz CL16 goes to the Ryzen, with the 960 Pro.

Back
Top Bottom