whos better

Man of Honour
He did indeed, but then they found a flaw in the testing. Thats why all the Dutch players kept failing the test. It was something they were all having (that had passed the FIFA testing) that had something in it that showed up on the nandralone tests iirc. I'm speaking from memory so that may be wrong.

Either way he's a class player.

I wish Batty were being played now. We'd have less problems if he was.

Soldato
Originally posted by memphisto
just becasue you have been to live matches means nothing mate

Although your opinion is very very valid watching live matches doesnt make it moreso than anyone else on the forums.

Amen :D

PAz

PAz

Soldato
havent read all the replies yet, but thats mainly because the answer is so obvious...Vieria is the better of the two no doubt about it.

hes stronger, quicker, more composed and way moer skillful then keane if you ask me, and Davids aswell, davids is on and off form like something which fluctuates a lot.

Man of Honour
Jazz mate got no problem with you either

however i must make one ting clear i am picking keane as i do think he is slightly the better player if i thought it was vieira i would say so.

If you ask me whos the best striker RVN or Henry I would say Henry because I do think in that one henry shades it.

Although it does seem to be that I am operating from a man utd bias on this one i am not I am trying to be open minded.

Soldato
Originally posted by memphisto
just becasue you have been to live matches means nothing mate

try playing over 800 competitive matches for various teams at various levels and on top of that watching god knows how many matches live and on the TV over the past few years.

Although your opinion is very very valid watching live matches doesnt make it moreso than anyone else on the forums.

The same goes for people who've played the game for a few years at a less proficient level.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I've mostly found the more informed, calm and unbiased opinions come from people who regularly attend matches and I've spoke to many, many people over the years, so that's my experience.

Keane of six years of so, against Vieira of today would be a very close call, but today, I don't think Keane is in the same ball park today.

My earlier comment, saying "as someone who knows what they're talking about" was supposed to be a wind up and most people who know my posts would realise this, maybe a smilie was in order.:D

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm a Spurs fan to who ever was confused as to which team I support. I thought calling myself a 'yid' and the big Spurs badge in my sig would give that one away:p

Try rating 'em CM style:
Skill: Viera
Pace: Viera
Aggression: Keane
Determination: Equal
Passing: Viera
Shooting: Keane
Control: Viera
Heading: Viera
Motivation: Keane

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Chong Warrior
I'm a Spurs fan to who ever was confused as to which team I support. I thought calling myself a 'yid' and the big Spurs badge in my sig would give that one away:p

Try rating 'em CM style:

This the only Spurs fan that knows their footy? ;)

I agree with that matey, and it means Vieira shades it :)

Soldato
Originally posted by Chong Warrior

Try rating 'em CM style:

I hate to say this, but that's very accurate, although the motivation would probably be equal as well as the heading.

Soldato
You forgot tackling in that, otherwise like kev said motivation and heading is probably equal. Otherwise accurate

Man of Honour
Try rating 'em CM style:
Passing: Keane
Heading: Equal
Tackling: Keane
Experience: Keane

well using that good system but adding experience and tackling I would say that Keane just shades it

the only thing i changed is that I think keane is a very slightly better passer and i think heading wise there about equal.

Man of Honour
Don't think there's any difference at all in their tackling TBH. They're both as good as each other.

Keane has the experience slightly (don't forget Vieira has won the Euro and WC competitions...) But I think Vieira is the better header of the ball.

Don't think there's anything between them for passing either.

And to add another, I think Vieira is quicker.

Soldato
personally i would place Vieira over Keane, he is the better all round player IMOH.

keane is good, but then again i would not rate him as one of the best 5 in the world, in his position yes.

But he is not as good as

Figo
Zidane
Ayala
Vieira
Aimar
Davids
Rivaldo.
i would rate Ballack as slightly better also, when playing well.

In his position it is only Keane, Davids and Vieira that are in contention for the best in the world.

Don
Originally posted by Rotty
As normal another subject that I don't hold an opinion on :)

Oh go on then I do :D

Both great players amd both have bad attitudes , Vieira is without doubt the more talented but seems to lose it at critical moments , Keane has just lost it totally

Man of Honour
Who's making mistakes? There's two types of pace, the first three yards and the full blown sprint. I'll beat most comers in the full on sprint but I don't have the explosive burst of speed at the beginning. Vieira has it, Keane doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom