• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who's running the worst GPU?

Soldato
I'm on my 2070S so nothing special but I won't win this:p

I have to say I'm glad that I snagged the card below MSRP (somehow) in 2019. If I didn't, I'd be stuck with a 1070 now.

Cheapest upgrade I made but yesterday I had this crazy idea of selling it and getting a 3080... The cheapest ones in my country are EVGA FTW3s for some reason but blokes still sell them new with proof of purchase for 30-40% above msrp and are "willing to negotiate":p
Damn scalpers. And the cards are even more expensive at retailers if you're even able to get them.

I could afford it but I'd just feel like a right ******* for allowing myself to get shafted like that.

I switched to a new platform with 12700kf, 32 gigs of solid DDR4, new mobo, case, water cooling and a Samsung 980 Pro for less than I'd have paid for a 3080, lol. What a farce.

Soldato
970 bought on (or very near) to release. Still going strong after all the stuff I've thrown at it.
Currently chugging along powering a one 1440P 144Hz and one 1080p monitor.

Soldato
Radeon HD 5670 in the work PC... work doesn't like spending :p. Doesn't help some apps we're using now defaults to h.265 and other new stuff this GPU doesn't support.

Managed to get Minecraft to run at least for break time with the right mods.

Soldato
A while back I spent a couple of months with an OEM R5 240 in my system. That was a special kind of hell, mainly because the tiny little cooler on it sounded like a small vacuum cleaner even at idle.

45426t550k2kp8.jpg

Honestly, I could have lived with it for longer were it not for the noise. WoW was playable enough at lower settings and I don't mind playing some older games.

Associate
GTX560Ti is my backup or testing GPU

That's good to have.

I tend to sell all my parts but I really should keep some as spares etc. If I built a new rig and it didn't boot I'd have nothing to swap out to rule things out by process of elimination.

A spare power supply and graphics card is always good to have.

Man of Honour
Think the oldest GPU I'm currently actually using is the GTX 675MX GPU in my older laptop which is actually a Fermi core not Kepler (Still plays a lot of games fine to be fair). I've got a couple of boxes I use for projects now and again I'm completely blanking on what is in them though - one may still have a 8500GT in it.

I've still got an ISA graphics card around in spare parts somewhere as well :D

Soldato
I'm still rocking dual R290s from 2011 in x-fire in a Sandy bridge E build. Zen 4 can't come quick enough for me, though to be fair it is rare I wish my PC was more powerful, I just have the upgrade itch

Associate
during this time of crazy prices.

But things have changed now, prices of other items have caught up with high GPU prices, that is petrol/diesel, food, electricity, gas housing, rents etc.
So I would say GPU prices are not crazy anymore but about right, a new normal.

Do you think GPU prices will drop from here on?

Still have my gtx1060, radeon7850 and radeon 5450 and other cards in case of emergency.

Back
Top Bottom