Why I haven't been on the forums (for quite some time)

Soldato
Home page is looking a lot better! Personally I would get rid of the animations on the ellipse images and just have static images - the animations are a bit distracting and take attention away from the products.

Associate
OP
Home page is looking a lot better! Personally I would get rid of the animations on the ellipse images and just have static images - the animations are a bit distracting and take attention away from the products.

Seems everyone is annoyed :D . I changed it to load the images with no animation. Thanks!

Soldato
Website aside, in terms of aesthetical or technical characteristics, why would anyone buy from you? It's been touched on before when someone mentioned USP but I don't think it was replied to.

Basically what's your Dragon Den pitch? From what I can tell at the moment it's just "we sell glasses" which isn't enough to pull customers away from the massive companies such as Specsavers, Sunglass Hut, Glasses Direct etc.

Associate
OP
Specsavers
"Trust the experts, over 680 stores, over 1000 frames, no quible guarantee"

Sunglass Hut
"ALWAYS FREE 2-DAY SHIPPING, FITTINGS & RETURNS" + Home try (they have 2286 stores and are owned by luxoticca)

Glasses Direct
"100% satisfaction guaranteed + 7 day free home trial (4 pairs) + Free 2 for 1 £55 (on specific pairs)

Ours for now (only in business for 2 months)
Lens Hour
"Pay on Delivery (for Cyprus based customers) + Free World Wide Shipping + 12 Month Warrantee + Free Returns (30 days)"

Last edited:
Soldato
Still can't really see the USP to be honest, as most shops/products give a 12 month warranty and 30 day return policy.

In some industries you can be a bit more vague on USP - a sandwich shop or supermarket for example are largely location/convenience. But on the internet with such a common product in a crowded marketplace the reason to purchase has to be huge. Just a quick look at Specsavers and one of the market leaders (I presume) and most prominent high street brands have to have 16 offers on their website.

Wish you all the best and with little work it might turn over a nice little earner but in the words of Peter Jones, I'd be out :).

Back
Top Bottom