Why I haven't been on the forums (for quite some time)

Caporegime
Going to get the photographer to take all the pics again with male or female models

Make sure they're nude models, to drive up traffic.

icon14.gif

Permabanned
Needs a filter for Men, Women, Kids.

+1

Not all previews show a front view
I'd like some way of judging scale as some glasses can be quite small on the face

Sell me a lifestyle,
these are fashion items, I'd expect to see glamorous people wearing glasses and overclocking their PC's (maybe)

Soldato
OK, first impression, the buttons on the home page are too far apart, that's a lot of empty space between them, and I am lazy as are most other people online.

Secondly, you're photos are terrible. I shoot products for a few online retailers as well as for Bridgestone Golf UK and if I handed over those shots I'd never get any repeat custom.

Depth of field is too small.
Too many photos of the product.
what color background do you want on them, I see anything from white to grey.
You need a couple of photos showing the entire product then, if you want more, a few close ups of the details.
reflections in the lenses are distracting, especially from the front

If you need advice etc, feel free to email me via trust.

Associate
OP
OK, first impression, the buttons on the home page are too far apart, that's a lot of empty space between them, and I am lazy as are most other people online.

Secondly, you're photos are terrible. I shoot products for a few online retailers as well as for Bridgestone Golf UK and if I handed over those shots I'd never get any repeat custom.

Depth of field is too small.
Too many photos of the product.
what color background do you want on them, I see anything from white to grey.
You need a couple of photos showing the entire product then, if you want more, a few close ups of the details.
reflections in the lenses are distracting, especially from the front

If you need advice etc, feel free to email me via trust.

Thanks for that, SEO is my best skill set not photography. I'm thinking on how to make the pics stand out. Something like what Asos or Zappos (as they are huge businesses) is doing is what I think will do the trick.

Last edited:
Associate
Crikey, you are a brave soul if you would venture into the world of GD for feedback on just about anything, let alone a website. But fair does, you know to take any feedback with a requisite dose of salt and that your feeling for your business and your "gut" is always the decider.

P.S. I don't think I am your target market but standardise your front page button and label sizes, consider different menu configurations, and now is the time to get some A-B testing going. Read "The Lean Startup" by Eric Ries, which is ideally suited (imo) to a venture like yours. Good luck and all the best with it!

Caporegime
The white text and light blue icons on the homepage are awful. They'd look significantly better with some kind of backdrop rather than simply the background image.

Alternatively, ditch them completely, none of them are a call to action, which is what your landing page should be ALL about.

Associate
OP
Crikey, you are a brave soul if you would venture into the world of GD for feedback on just about anything, let alone a website. But fair does, you know to take any feedback with a requisite dose of salt and that your feeling for your business and your "gut" is always the decider.

P.S. I don't think I am your target market but standardise your front page button and label sizes, consider different menu configurations, and now is the time to get some A-B testing going. Read "The Lean Startup" by Eric Ries, which is ideally suited (imo) to a venture like yours. Good luck and all the best with it!

I'm running eyetracking and heatmaps :D

The white text and light blue icons on the homepage are awful. They'd look significantly better with some kind of backdrop rather than simply the background image.

Alternatively, ditch them completely, none of them are a call to action, which is what your landing page should be ALL about.

I'm trying to see how to make call to actions (categories,on sale,recently added) but also providing a USP.

Caporegime
You could at the very least have each of the main icons on the landing page actually be clickable. Taking you to an "about" type page and to the relevant section (ie Shipping details, warranty info, etc).

Associate
OP
I've redesigned the homepage again. It goes better with the other pages of the site as it has the standard menu and footer.
Buttons USP etc

Forgot to mention I have pushed the free returns from 14 days to 30 days due to the slower free shipping method.

We've actually made a sale 4 nights ago (to someone in our country) through facebook ads. We have pay on delivery in Cyprus (which is something you guys don't see). Anyway the person ordered through the website on mobile so I guess I'm doing something right.

This is what was included in the box
4aq3omd.jpg

People that wear contact lenses or prescription glasses can you check for some problems we might have on the product pages ( in terms of entering your prescription ) and how we should change it to be easier/friendlier?

Last edited:
Associate
As a website it actually looks alright to me, there are some harsh critics on here.

The main problem I see is that I would, never, ever, ever, ever buy a pair of glasses or sunglasses without trying them on first and asking at least one other person what they thought. I don't know anyone else who would either.

There is a reason that high street opticians are still in business in every town in the UK, when many other businesses have moved out/failed.

Man of Honour
As a website it actually looks alright to me, there are some harsh critics on here.

The main problem I see is that I would, never, ever, ever, ever buy a pair of glasses or sunglasses without trying them on first and asking at least one other person what they thought. I don't know anyone else who would either.

There is a reason that high street opticians are still in business in every town in the UK, when many other businesses have moved out/failed.

Because you can't get your eyes tested over the web? Plenty of people buy glasses online, most companies offer a trial so you can order a few different styles and try them out for a week or 2 then send back the ones you don't like.

Associate
OP

The truth is that most people I have asked say exactly the same thing, but if they know what pair they want and can find it online cheaper, they don't mind saving some money.

Soldato
I quite like the website. The only thing I would change is the speed of the transition between views when hovering over the items. I think increasing the delay to 1 second and slowing the transition would work well and stop pulling attention all over the page as you navigate to an item.

Back
Top Bottom