Why is Steam still such a steaming pile of leper excement?

Associate
It's what 5 years old now? How can they still not have made it half decent? "Steam is already running. You may only run one copy of steam at any one time" No it isn't, and besides, I barely want to run one copy, let alone two! "Unable to connect" --> Retry --> "Exiting" :rolleyes: Grrr!!! And wtf is the point in having a "cancel" button on the "exiting" popup? it would never actually cancel it exiting. "Unable to connect" --> Start in offline mode --> "Connecting steam account xxxxx ..." --> "This operation cannot be completed in offline mode" Wtf? Was it programmed by blind monkeys?

Soldato
i have never had one problem with steam.

i find it absolutely fine and just buy my game's from them now.

i have heard it suffers from problems but not for me.

Soldato
i think there is a lot of people who think steam is good and not so many people dont like it.

if you dont like it then dont use it.

Soldato
Steam is awesome. If you are getting peoblems then you are in the minority and there is likely to be another reason or influence other than Steam itself. If not then log a call with them

- Pea0n

Soldato
I don't have a problem with steam. The only thing that annoys me is the fact that they charge so much for their games. It seems 95% of the time it's cheaper to go to the highstreet and buy a copy from there.

Thought one of the main points of digital downloads like this was to be cheaper. :p

But i have to admit, ever now and again there is some excellent deals on. Like the recent £2.50 Team Fortress 2 deal.

Caporegime
I hate Steam, All the games were always so much better off as there own clients just own there own

Could not be more right, Steam just adds an extra level of pain to installing games. I got the new FM and foolishly decided that adding it to Steam might make things easier, nope it just added 2 1/2 hours to the install process. Even now sometimes I can't play my damn game because Steam has to update or crashes, such a pain.

Caporegime
It's what 5 years old now? How can they still not have made it half decent? "Steam is already running. You may only run one copy of steam at any one time" No it isn't

you've either hammered the start up icon because your pc is slow at initializing it and believe there is only one version running.

or you've just closed it and tried to start it up immediately afterwards when it takes about 5-6 seconds after the exiting dialogue to disappear before the process is shut down.

like 99% of problems this one is BKAC.

Soldato
i like steam as well , it has sometimes few issues if it says u have steam running ctrl+alt + del / task manager / processes and end Steam.exe , then start steam again should work no problem

Back
Top Bottom