Why is Steam still such a steaming pile of leper excement?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Its clear that the people who do like STEAM didnt have it before it was around...

Playing games was so much better back then. The good old days of CS 1.3 - 1.5 Then steam came around and screwed things up for along time with everyone

Haha I remember those days.. searching some dodgy website for the right CS patches, only to wait hours to download it on 56k! :D

I've used Steam since the beginning. Every game should be released on there.. it's downright annoying having games that aren't on the list.

Soldato
Its clear that the people who do like STEAM didnt have it before it was around...

Playing games was so much better back then. The good old days of CS 1.3 - 1.5 Then steam came around and screwed things up for along time with everyone

Some of us did actually, so you can quit thinking you you actually have a clue :).

Soldato
Steam's ok.

It actually gives the customer something (access to their games anywhere) which doubles up as piracy protection. Instead of YOU WILL NOT PLAY THIS GAME MORE THAN THREE TIMES IN A MONTH or whatever the DRM fad of the week is.

Associate
steam runs well

if windows has the potential to crash why not steam?

steam = no headache especially with multi boot pc and /or frequent reinstalls of windows

Soldato
steam = no headache especially with multi boot pc and /or frequent reinstalls of windows

Yep, I have steam on a seperate HDD to the one i use for the OS, so after a fresh install of winows i just run the steam installer and have all my steam games ready to play almost instantly :D.

Soldato
Steam has it's shares of issues:

Updates/downloads saying they're downloading but not doing so ( until you click launch game then it starts doing something).
Cancel buttons not working in most window popups. ( While I can't recreate the issue tm, I'm positive this happened to me often)
Steam windows being unresponsive when launching a game. ( While I can't recreate the issue tm, I'm positive this happened to me often).
STCC - The Game Demo not wanting to disappear from my game list even after manually trying to remove it and normally removing it, it shows as download paused no matter what I do.
Steam itself sometimes freezing/becoming unresponsive ( often happens when you've just bought a new game and it's ''preparing the files for install''...
Says fragmentation is 0% on particular game files, but when I run a defraggler analysis it shows otherwise, just about after every update tf2 files are fragmented...

But, It beats any setup &cd/dvd/brd based rubbish, I far prefer buying games on steam than retail games. CBA with optical media any more, I hope it dies as soon as possible. Changing a cd/dvd is enough reason for me not to want to play a game any more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom