Why YOU think the PC is better for gaming than the 360 and the PS3!

Soldato
1: Controls, I hate controllers :p. Even for fighting games I prefer my good old qwerty keyboard :). I simply can not play well with just my thumbs, I need to use all my fingers for buttons, 1 or 2 buttons per fingers, not a thumb that controls 4 of em... That's because I'm used to it since 3 years old though and not used at all to a console... Mouse is essential for FPS and RTS imo...

2: Mods, let's be honest, GTA SA for example is many many times better on pc due to M TA and SA: MP... Plus graphics mods, content mods, etcetc... Various games are a completely better ( read as better) game after mods...

3: Upgradability& Graphics: I hate being stuck to the sameish graphics for 5 or more years, need a gfx upgrade more often. Also I like higher than 30 framerates many genres of games, and I like being able to add AA, etc when games lack it...

4: Having 1 system for all: Downloading, Films, Series, Music, games, msn, internet etc... ( A console would not download torrents, would not house 3TB of data, would be a pain to use msn/internet on, afaik it doesn't support more than 1 monitor/screen... A practical pc imo has 2 or more monitors...), you say why it is better for gaming, because it takes less time to fire up a game from steam when you feel like it when browsing or whatever than to turn on a console, find a game, input disc, and play... I have to do something physical rather than 2 clicks on my mouse...

5: I can't play around with my console as much, eg. mess with drivers, hardware to make my system better, I love tweaking& playing around with bios, drivers, overclocking, etc... And a bit of childish ''my pc is better than yours, if not I'll make it better'' syndrome :p.

6: Emulators, a pc is also a PS2, PSX, a N64 or any older Nintendo, etc... Game catalog is simply mahoosive...

I really couldn't put it better myself. I will add my own notes to some points.

1. for all games bar fighting games (in which i use a stick) and driving games (i use a G25) the mouse/keyboard is king. No matter what console kiddies tell me.

2. Yes! Espically with games like Oblivion, which are far from rubbish and a lot of them are amazing.

3. Play ALL games at 1920x1200 with 4AA at Max detail. I already have a monster PC, why not use it anyway?

4,5 and 6 i just agree with

Also there are a ton of amazing games that will never be avaliable on the console. RTS's mostly and i love them.

Saything all that i still heart my PS3

Soldato
Who cares if PC gaming is better in theory (which I'd argue not). In practice the money is with developing games for consoles .. less piracy, bigger audience, easier to make, higher RRP.

And anyway using a keyboard as an input device for a game is so antiquated, you have no precise control over the movements, it's either on or off.

Caporegime
because they dumb down the multiplayer experience for a console, they take out the ability to search for individual games, dont use proper lobbies, make it more difficult to get a good game than it would be for the PC in most cases... even for renown MP games like COD:5 etc...

apart from that playing PC or PS3 makes little difference its just more annoying on a PS3.

gfx on ps3/xbox are good enough at 1080p so i have few quibbles there.. ofcourse using a pc you have more modability but i would only mod a few games anyway...

Soldato
Like other here, I don't think PC is better. I was strictly a PC gamer for many years, until last year when I got my 360. I started actually enjoying games more than I ever had before - and actually finishing a lot of them for a change!

Now also have a PS3, and my PC no longer even has a gaming capable GPU.

Sure, controlling FPS games with gamepad not as accurate, but I can live with it - I play games for fun and not to be competitive. I don't care if I have the most accurate controller or not.

Caporegime
Like other here, I don't think PC is better. I was strictly a PC gamer for many years, until last year when I got my 360. I started actually enjoying games more than I ever had before - and actually finishing a lot of them for a change!

Sure, controlling FPS games with gamepad not as accurate, but I can live with it - I play games for fun and not to be competitive. I don't care if I have the most accurate controller or not.

Same

Soldato
PC's suck. simple.

you have to install the game, then crap like divx and then oh no my graphics card/sound card isnt compatible with this game/ i need more RAM. oh no windows has crashed/damn someone sent me a msn message whilst i was playing and it minimised the window etc etc etc etc.

console - put disk in - play - fun. end.

now gtfo of the console forum :p

Caporegime
wth?!

so why when i load my ps3 and try to start a game do i find i need to a, install it first, b, get my latest PS update, c, get the latest game patch file?

you have to install the game, then crap like divx and then oh no my graphics card/sound card isnt compatible with this game/ i need more RAM. oh no windows has crashed/damn someone sent me a msn message whilst i was playing and it minimised the window etc etc etc etc.

if your PC completely sucks then yes this may happen, if you have a half decent PC built in the last 3-4 years you will NOT encounter this...

for instance anything P35 chipset with C2D and an 8800xx gfx card and u will run everything fine...

Soldato
Because I love to install a game, wait for installation, patch, wait for patch to download, configure then realise it won’t run at full spec so, spend thousands upgrading, patching, installing windows, upgrading windows and not being able to trade my £10 cheaper on PC then if purchased on console release title at a later date..

Could always use my PC for internet and email, oh and a media server for my PS3 though.

… now that’s a thought…!!

lol

Soldato
All this and its so simple.
PC gaming all the way because who wants to use 5 year old hardware and have 5 year old graphics, when you dont have too. :rolleyes:

I like to keep things up to date, I like to move with the times, I like to be able to update my PC and turn the graphics up even more in my favourate games and not be stuck with the same old jagged edges in every game because they have to leave it out on the consoles as it will ruin their 30FPS.

The Xbox is outdated on the market by PS3, and only has one good thing left for it...Forza ( and that is a good thing ), the rest you can simply buy on a better console whos party trick it Blu-ray. :cool:

All those with the "got to install a game and patch it" crap, what a load of bull, its hardly 1998 anymore, we're not taking 45 mins to install screamer rally or quake you know, GTA took twice as long to install on my PS3 than any PC game on my Rigg and still takes longer to load to this day, oh and what this, great they released a new patch for the game, and I have to wait till its downloaded and installed before I can play a game which I only had 30mins to do in the first place. Thankx PC for letting me choose whether to download patches or not, why fix it when it isnt broke, oh and dont get me started on firmware updates!!

Cheers

49105mainpopcornqp6.jpg

PS before the forums favourate word (fanboy) is released at me......I have all 3 platforms

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, pros and cons of gaming between console and pc

PC:

Cons -
Expensive
Software/driver issues
Terrible ports not using pc's capabilities

Pros-
Graphically better (which costs a lot more to achieve)
Keyboard and mouse

Consoles:

Cons-
Only upgrade is new console release
No keyboard and mouse support
Expensive games

Pros-
Easy to use (for the younger generation)
Simple online networking
Stick the disk in and play
An update is nothing more than a progress bar
Can keep in touch with friends and invite to games easier

ags

Associate
I much prefer the PC to consoles but im not going to state my reasons here as this is the console forum and their is no point arguing with the vast army of console lovers that live in these parts.

This. I got no problems with consoles I quite enjoy playing on them, the reason I prefere PC is because when it comes to using analog sticks I have never got used to them :(

Soldato
PC's suck. simple.

console - put disk in - play - fun. end.

now gtfo of the console forum :p

I see where you went wrong... DirectX is what you want! :p

facetious comment over.

And the put disk in play fun is true back on the ps1 but with playstation 3 you have install the entire disc, then update and the loads times on modern games are murderous on console. And 360 isn't any better with update and what not.

I love console gaming's pros but it's cons just push me onto PC gaming. I'll let my friends have a console and I'll journey out to their house to have a blast but at home I'll pc game. :)

My pinch of salt on this thread. :p

Associate
Personally I prefer gaming in my lounge, on my sofa, looking at my wall mounted 42" plasma was surround sound. Playing a football game, racer or something like resistance 2 or uncharted.

I only use my PC for RTSs and FPSs that aren't on PS3. If I had to choose one only for games it would be a console though. Fact is a PC and a console aren't mutually exclusive, they can co-exist perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom