Why YOU think the PC is better for gaming than the 360 and the PS3!

Soldato
I would say its games you play not the console/PC, the games are more important than what you play them on.

I'd agree with this more than anything

Personally i LOVE left4dead, but the community and the way in which it works on the 360/ps3 is just crap, you need a PC gaming community to get the most out of that game, not to mention a keyboard and mouse but for FPS games that's a given really.

FIFA....well you only have to look at the PC version to understand why i play it on the 360 LOL.

resident evil 5, much better on the 360 than on the PC, it's far easier to aim on the PC than it is on the 360 but that is imo the only plus the PC has over the 360 for this type of game.

Just a few examples i guess, i would say i enjoy PC gaming more than i generally enjoy console gaming though.

Soldato
Smalls hit the nail on the head, all that matters to me is the games. I couldn't care less if the PC offers a better framerate, higher resolutions or higher anti-aliasing. Why? Because you can't play Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted 1+2, Lost Odyssey, Little Big Planet, Infamous, Resistance 2, Ninja Gaiden, etc etc etc on the PC. Yes i know there's plenty of good PC exclusives around at the moment too, but they don't appeal to me simple as, hence why at present i prefer my consoles.

In time this will likely change and i'll be back onto the PC in a big way again, but until then i'll stick with the pad.

Oh and, these debates are boring as hell and some of the people who have posted in this particular one are complete and utter nonces.

Last edited:
Associate
Mouse and keyboard is obviously easier to use than a joypad for fps, but could you jump off something, spin around mid-flight and get a headshot in real life...er no.

That technically makes joypads more realistic as it mimics a human's limitations..

Soldato
Well, pros and cons of gaming between console and pc

PC:

Cons -
Expensive
Software/driver issues
Terrible ports not using pc's capabilities

Pros-
Graphically better (which costs a lot more to achieve)
Keyboard and mouse

Consoles:

Cons-
Only upgrade is new console release
No keyboard and mouse support
Expensive games

Pros-
Easy to use (for the younger generation)
Simple online networking
Stick the disk in and play
An update is nothing more than a progress bar
Can keep in touch with friends and invite to games easier

ags

I agree with all that apart from the price of console games. Yes, they cost £39.99 the month they are relased but they are soon reduced. The main reason I don't agree with it because: if you buy a console game for a decent price, then play and finish the game, you can auction it for around the same price you bought it for. A second hand PC game isn't really worth selling because of activation etc.

Soldato
An interesting debate that seems to rear it's head on a more than regular basis. So taken from my own experiences.

PC Gaming is great. Especially for shooters, RTS & MMO. I must be doing something terribly wrong because the tired argument that console exclusive gamers use about compatability issues, driver issues, games not working issues simply don't happen for me. I install a game via steam, it loads it works. Bingo.

Oh and then the other argument we often get is 'You need an uber PC to play games on PC' I simply don't agree. My Uncle is more than happy playing COD 4 on his Athlon 64 3700 & 8800GT.

That said I am happy to sit in front of the TV playing on the Xbox, Wii or PS3 for the complete comfort factor and experience of just picking up a game, playing and putting it down when I want.

I am a gamer and play for the experience regardless of platform

Back
Top Bottom