Wife ripped off by kwikfit

Soldato
Apologies everyone, just a vent, wife’s car need 2 new front tyres.

Old ones worn very evenly as evidenced by kwikfit, 2mm both sides all the way across.

Then they did an alignment check, specifically told the wife not to get this done as it always causes more trouble down the line.

Anyway being my mrs she decided that what kwikfit said carried more weight than what I said, ( I am a retired mechanical engineer)

So they measured it anyway and low and behold the left front toe was -0.03 so they set it +0.1 claiming that the steering wheel was wonky, they stated -0.08 for this, now it’s magically alright and she paid £70 for the privilege.

What are the chances they’ve now put the alignment out and I’m going to get premature tyre wear.

Neither wife or daughter who drive it had mentioned the steering wheel being offset, or any other issues. The car is 3 years old fiesta 20k on the clock.

I was tempted to phone them and ask for a refund but I think I’d be flogging a dead horse.

Ffffff

I’m going to have a lie down now.

I don't see anything particularly wrong with what they did there.

Toe isn't going to cause uneven wear in such a small amount, just slightly increased wear. Camber would be more likely to cause uneven wear.

Bringing it into spec is not a bad thing.

Classic.

My wife got a phone call from them telling her that she needed new tyres and that the car hadn’t passed the MOT. This was of course nonsense because I checked it myself before it went in. So I took the phone off her and told them to show me when I came down to collect it.

Funny how they knew nothing of the phone conversation when I arrived and that the car was fine and had passed. Last time I ever used the place.

Our new local kwik fit is a little better at least, not that I’d trust them with much.

Last edited:
Classic.

My wife got a phone call from them telling her that she needed new tyres and that the car hadn’t passed the MOT. This was of course nonsense because I checked it myself before it went in. So I took the phone off her and told them to show me when I came down to collect it.

Funny how they knew nothing of the phone conversation when I arrived and that the car was fine and had passed. Last time I ever used the place.

Our new local kwik fit is a little better at least, not that I’d trust them with much.

that is shocking must happen all the time, had my mot done about a month ago garage said failed on such and such, picked the car up took it too another garage a few days later and passed.

Why was it?

It was out of specification and now it isn't?
If I had the chance I would have said thanks but no thanks,

£70 nearly pays for a new tyre and if they measured it again they’d get a different answer.

Unless the tyre is obviously wearing unevenly, don’t touch it.

Out of specification, don’t make me laugh, if they want I’ll sign a concession lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom