Wife ripped off by kwikfit

They are fitters basically and i see this sort of thing all the time

Also this guy. the dpf king has numerous videos where even Main dealers just have no idea and play parts bingo
awesome channel btw this guy just came from blowing 6k on an unnecessary turbo

The first time I was a tech at a Merc dealers they had a program called first time fix, where you replaced parts and if it didn’t cure the problem you’d hand them back to Merc with no charge.
Guess how long that lasted?
Not long.
One tech fitted customer supplied calipers and couldn’t get a pedal and he replaced the ABS unit and various other parts under the scheme and still got nowhere.
It was only when I pointed out that he’d fitted the calipers upside down (bleed nipple at the bottom) that he managed to get it sorted.
Always check the obvious first before going in depth and spending a fortune of other people’s money.
Always!
*looks directly at Halfords

Classic.

My wife got a phone call from them telling her that she needed new tyres and that the car hadn’t passed the MOT. This was of course nonsense because I checked it myself before it went in. So I took the phone off her and told them to show me when I came down to collect it.

Funny how they knew nothing of the phone conversation when I arrived and that the car was fine and had passed. Last time I ever used the place.

Our new local kwik fit is a little better at least, not that I’d trust them with much.
And a lot of garages wonder why they get such a bad rep?

Obviously there are some really decent ones out there that wouldn't dare rip off a customer..

Back
Top Bottom