Wife ripped off by kwikfit

Soldato
I need glasses, I read this as ripped off by Kikkat.

We have a local garage who's decent but the OH went to Kwikfit once as she just needed some air in the tyre. She was expecting a minimal charge but they just did it for free.

Which is nice.

Soldato
I only ever went to quick fit once, realised my MOT had lapsed and it was the only place open on the bank holiday Monday.

Anyway it failed, incorrectly aligned headlights, same headlights that had passed the previous 3-4 years and went on to pass for many years after.

The thing is, I just knew they fail it for something.

Never again.

Soldato
Classic.

My wife got a phone call from them telling her that she needed new tyres and that the car hadn’t passed the MOT. This was of course nonsense because I checked it myself before it went in. So I took the phone off her and told them to show me when I came down to collect it.

Funny how they knew nothing of the phone conversation when I arrived and that the car was fine and had passed. Last time I ever used the place.

Our new local kwik fit is a little better at least, not that I’d trust them with much.
Lol similar crack with me. Told my wife it needed wipers @70quid. I asked her to ask them if it'd pass MOT without them being swapped. They said they don't know they haven't done the MOT yet :cry:

Soldato
I only ever went to quick fit once, realised my MOT had lapsed and it was the only place open on the bank holiday Monday.

Anyway it failed, incorrectly aligned headlights, same headlights that had passed the previous 3-4 years and went on to pass for many years after.

The thing is, I just knew they fail it for something.

Never again.
Did they pass it immediately after? It's usually a favourite of dody MOT garages to fail on something silly like that and then 'fix it'. It stops their numbers from triggering a visit.

Soldato
Did they pass it immediately after? It's usually a favourite of dody MOT garages to fail on something silly like that and then 'fix it'. It stops their numbers from triggering a visit.
No, they didn't even offer a solution.

So I paid them the first and last ever £35 or whatever it was, booked it with my normal place when I could get it in and it passed.

It wasn't even like the other place was dodgy, because I changed the regular garage I used half way through ownership of that car to a different lot, and they passed it as well.

It was just ********.

Back
Top Bottom