Will you be buying Apple Vision Pro once it gets released in the UK.?

I'm not in the ecosystem, and don't like the external battery design so it's a no from me.

There are parts of it which I do really like though. Specs look awesome, and I've no doubt the apps will be top quality.

Disney are hard at work on releasing proper 4K HDR 3D movies for it.

I'm happy with my quest 3, even though it's a jack of all trades.

I think the problem has to be the price point, apple are very good at their software/os and their user testing etc and definitely have the budget but the price is eye watering. Only the die hard vr folk would be interested or die hard apple but even then does it justify the tag

Nope, not a fan of inflated prices just because it says apple and comes in a pretty box.

Oh and the apple now allowing anyone to call it VR is just marketing nonsense has got my back up for some reason :)

I'd love to have one for watching movies, especially watching 3D movies but it's too expensive, and I'm not a fan of Apple stuff in general - too locked down.
Also you need an iPhone or iPad to order one, as you need a face scan so they can supply the right sized facial interface, and I don't have one of those.

So it looks like I’m the only one around here who might be getting one lol.
The price is ridiculous I totally agree but looking at other high end headsets it seems to be better value with more and better hardware packed into it.
And as always with Apple the build quality and materials will be top notch.

Many commentators, including those that would be pro-apple are describing the vision pro as a paid-for developer kit. At launch there will be a limited number of apps that will have some form of VR/MR compatibility with the vision pro, with the rest being standard ipad apps that have a min amount of work done to them so as they can work on a flat 2D representation.

So expectation need to be very much tempered as to how functional the product will be. Perhaps by the time it launching in the UK, it'll be somewhat more mature.

Here's a couple of articles from appleinsider, a very pro-apple site.

Last edited:
The issue is that it's not as versatile compared to other high end headsets.

It has no controllers, a locked down store, and can't run PCVR.

It'll be the king of MR and watching movies but even then it's a standing or sitting experience, not room scale.
indeed, i dont know why people are even comparing it to the quest headsets to be honest for me the meta feature set blows it out of the water...... for 1/7th of the price.

am sure it will do some things well, but not the things which are most important to me.

The issue is that it's not as versatile compared to other high end headsets.

It has no controllers, a locked down store, and can't run PCVR.

It'll be the king of MR and watching movies but even then it's a standing or sitting experience, not room scale.

That's a great post. It sums up what the Vision Pro is, it's limited. Limited Apps, Limited uses and limited functionality, even within Apple's own Ecosystem. All this will probably improve over time. And by the looks of things, anybody in the UK/Europe will have a lot of time to wait before getting one as no release date has been set, but rumours are pointing to some time in June before Apples developer conference.

indeed, i dont know why people are even comparing it to the quest headsets to be honest for me the meta feature set blows it out of the water...... for 1/7th of the price.

am sure it will do some things well, but not the things which are most important to me.
I’m comparing it to Quest 3 because I was mainly using it for video viewing and desktop use in mixed reality.

Are there any 3D movies (films) higher than 1080p?
If using it just to watch 4K HDR movies when you don’t have the space for a 77” OLED then that’s possibly a use case

Are there any 3D movies (films) higher than 1080p?
If using it just to watch 4K HDR movies when you don’t have the space for a 77” OLED then that’s possibly a use case
I don't think so unfortunately. 4k TV sets were just taking off when 3D TV died on its ass. damn shame imo. the tech wasn't quite there when they launched. you either had a 1080p TV with the resolution halved for 3D which is a bit low for a 65inch+ set
or you had the full 1080p resolution but had to have expensive glasses which needed to be charged and that the flicker was noticeable in the wrong light etc. I still have a 70 inch active 3D TV and a bunch of films for it. it really is good. on small sets however it's not that impressive and at the time most people (in the UK at least) only had 40inch sets where 3D doesn't really sell itself.

with large 4k sets passive 3D could have shined. even halved the resolution would still have been fine for home moves so passive 3d would have been great with cheap glasses you could get for 50p from the cinema and had the format lived we would likely have gotten 4k 3d disks..... but that didn't happen.

even at 1080p 3D moves are great in VR however

Last edited:
I’m comparing it to Quest 3 because I was mainly using it for video viewing and desktop use in mixed reality.
in which case maybe you are the person the headset is aimed at ...... unlike the quest 3 which just has those features as an added extra. the quest 3 is a gaming device 1st. imo there are going to be a lot of very disappointed people when the apple headset is out in the wild. many people are expecting a quest 3 rival/beater and other than a few edge cases that simply won't be the case.
for productivity stuff and long term wearing comfort is really important and looking at images imo it does not "look" that comfy. I can imagine it being very front heavy and it's strap does not really seem all that... which is disappointing for a $3.5k device

the quest pro 2 will probably be more of a rival to it which will hopefully come out ..... maybe after connect this year but more likely next year imo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom