Will you be buying Apple Vision Pro once it gets released in the UK.?

in which case maybe you are the person the headset is aimed at ...... unlike the quest 3 which just has those features as an added extra. the quest 3 is a gaming device 1st. imo there are going to be a lot of very disappointed people when the apple headset is out in the wild. many people are expecting a quest 3 rival/beater and other than a few edge cases that simply won't be the case.
for productivity stuff and long term wearing comfort is really important and looking at images imo it does not "look" that comfy. I can imagine it being very front heavy and it's strap does not really seem all that... which is disappointing for a $3.5k device

the quest pro 2 will probably be more of a rival to it which will hopefully come out ..... maybe after connect this year but more likely next year imo.

Supposedly quite a few reviewers have noted that it does feel very heavy.

...with large 4k sets passive 3D could have shined. even halved the resolution would still have been fine for home moves so passive 3d would have been great with cheap glasses you could get for 50p from the cinema and had the format lived we would likely have gotten 4k 3d disks..... but that didn't happen.

even at 1080p 3D moves are great in VR however

I've got an old LG 47" passive 3D TV and the quality is great for 3D Blu-rays. The drop in resolution isn't really noticeable at a distance.

However a decent quality 3D movie on a VR headset like the Pro or Q3 just blows it away as you can watch on a huge cinema screen and the 3D really pops, plus you don't get any brightness issues that you can get with 3D glasses TV that were caused by the polarising filters.

Last edited:
Are there any 3D movies (films) higher than 1080p?
If using it just to watch 4K HDR movies when you don’t have the space for a 77” OLED then that’s possibly a use case
Thanks to Apple there will be.
Both Apple TV and Disney will have 3D movies.
Apple Vision Pro will have 150 3D movies available on launch day on Apple TV and those supposed to be 4K Dolby Vision versions encoded in MV-HEVC (Multiview High Efficiency Video Coding)

Last edited:
Thanks to Apple there will be.
Both Apple TV and Disney will have 3D movies.
Apple Vision Pro will have 150 3D movies available on launch day on Apple TV and those supposed to be 4K Dolby Vision versions encoded in MV-HEVC (Multiview High Efficiency Video Coding)
do you know if these will also be released on normal apple TV for those of us with 3D TVs? it would be nice to dust off my old tv glasses, or is it only for the 3D headset?.

Last edited:
I think I must have over 100 3D Blu-rays, I just wish there were high quality steaming options for Quest Headsets, as converting them is a pain.Though now you don't have to re-encode them as you can play MVC encoded movies directly using the 4XVR player, and they look incredible.

At the very least it'd be good if the Quest browser properly supported streaming protected videos so the website version of Netflix would work.

This is a big fail on the part of Meta. The Quest 3 is probably the first mass-market VR headset with enough resolution to make movie watching in a virtual theatre good enough quality to compete with a big screen TV.

It's a massive shame that Apple can do this for headset that almost no one can afford, and so for a tiny audience, but Meta can't for their millions of VR customers.

Hmm I’ve gotten hold of some 3D movies to watch on my Quest 3 at some point. Haven’t done so yet as usually watch films with the missus/family. Rather play games when I’ve got it strapped to my head.
Vision Pro will need some killer apps/games to make me consider it

I have watched a number of 2D and 3D films in my quest pro since getting it, and i must admit they are fantastic. I definitely feel like i have been to the cinema to watch them when i think back......... and i dont get that vibe from watching on the tv, even tho we are fortunate enough to have a decent sized set.

The reviews are out and according to The Verge the headset suffers from chromatic aberration and lens reflections so it looks like it’s a NO from me.
Very disappointing. :(

The reviews are out and according to The Verge the headset suffers from chromatic aberration and lens reflections so it looks like it’s a NO from me.

Reviews from the The Dirge, this is the same crowd that did the infamous 'how to build a PC' video.

What a disappointment that is, so basically if you want ultra high end then the Varjo xr4 is the one to get. Really all quite pointless until we get even more powerful gpus though.

What a disappointment that is, so basically if you want ultra high end then the Varjo xr4 is the one to get. Really all quite pointless until we get even more powerful gpus though.
by which point thequest pro 2 could be out..... imo the quest pro is really close to being there. excellent controller tracking good hand tracking, local dimming, highish resolution, decent colour reproduction, foveated rendering with eye tracking, very good pancake lenses and comfortable headset with high quality finish

then add in quest 3 features of decent (but not spectacular) FOV, pretty performant gpu onboard, quality wireless PC tracking improved hand tracking and 3D colour external cameras for augmented reality

assuming all will be improved for the quest pro 2, and I think that could really be a winner

imo the only things lacking are oled which would be nice to have, and super high FOV, but even pimax are dialing back on that, likely due to the insane gpu requirments.

Last edited:
by which point thequest pro 2 could be out..... imo the quest pro is really close to being there. excellent controller tracking good hand tracking, local dimming, highish resolution, decent colour reproduction, foveated rendering with eye tracking, very good pancake lenses and comfortable headset with high quality finish

then add in quest 3 features of decent (but not spectacular) FOV, pretty performant gpu onboard, quality wireless PC tracking improved hand tracking and 3D colour external cameras for augmented reality

assuming all will be improved for the quest pro 2, and I think that could really be a winner

imo the only things lacking are oled which would be nice to have, and super high FOV, but even pimax are dialing back on that, likely due to the insane gpu requirments.
I really hope they make a quest pro 2, hopefully with crystal resolution and displayport connection too.

i think displayport is highly unlikely... they are more interested in wireless imo, with the fallback being usb.
i would say usb 4 would be more likely for a wired connection than displayport.

PCVR is not something which is the primary focus of the quest.

Last edited:

If that's true then that is really disappointing, especially as the Quest Pro and Q3 don't suffer from that.

If that's true then that is really disappointing, especially as the Quest Pro and Q3 don't suffer from that.
Quest 3 absolutely does suffer from chromatic aberration and very heavy lens reflections.
I know as I had 5 of them.
I was just hoping that Apple can ged right of those issues using higher quality optics but it seems not.

Last edited:
Seems like a flaw to have the battery permanently connected. If the battery wears out you can just replace it? And if the cable gets damaged the whole headset is useless?

Anyhow, maybe in a decade this will be a compelling product. To me it looks extremely expensive and largely pointless except for perhaps a few specific scenarios.

Quest 3 absolutely does suffer from chromatic aberration and very heavy lens reflections.
I know as I had 5 of them.

Not noticed that myself, and I'm very sensitive to it. But everyone's experiences are different. The worst headset for glare and reflections for me was the Index. Very distracting.

Not noticed that myself, and I'm very sensitive to it. But everyone's experiences are different. The worst headset for glare and reflections for me was the Index. Very distracting.
Lens reflections are very visible on high contrast content, and chromatic aberration (maybe it’s not exactly that but there is very visible colour splitting) is visible at the top and bottom of the displays.

Back
Top Bottom