Willing to teach Python for free

Definitely interested still, I use MSN a lot - please contact me through Trust :)

Done, I wasn't too sure if you meant it when you first replied.

Might have to try and get a few in one instant messaging conversation :)

Some are complete beginners and others have previous experience, so you will all be teaching eachother a thing or two aswell.

I'd be interested in a programming buddy (:p), although at the moment somebody to answer my probably stupid OpenGL (and occasionally Dreamcast) related queries would be more helpful.

Email sent via trust :)

3D programming is the only place my programming skills really lack. Perhaps you could teach me a few things on that front!
I usually use 2D when I am writing games for that reason. I have plans to learn some GL :)

Last edited:
Are you only looking for someone to teach or are you accepting others who are able to help with your open source projects? I just finished my second year of Computing Science and I would gladly lend a hand to get some project experience.

Are you only looking for someone to teach or are you accepting others who are able to help with your open source projects? I just finished my second year of Computing Science and I would gladly lend a hand to get some project experience.

I would like a hand writing some open source code, I have a project with ~7000 lines of code that I have written over a few years.. Ive gotten pretty far into it, just needs a nice pretty gui client and a lot of spit and polish. I have other project ideas also :)

At the same time I am teaching some people from this thread python so that they can help out if they want to :) I'm having fun teaching them anyway so I don't mind if they don't wanna help out with my open source project. I very much enjoy helping people :)

I am still accepting people, not everyone that has replied has fully followed it up :)

I shall send you my contact details.

Last edited:
Hey,

I am interested, but how exactly are you teaching people? Just over an IM or something? I have basic c++ knowledge but thats about it. I work 10-6, but if these aren't problems I'd be interested.

Hey,

I am interested, but how exactly are you teaching people? Just over an IM or something? I have basic c++ knowledge but thats about it. I work 10-6, but if these aren't problems I'd be interested.

Yup, using skype, msn, all sorts. Its no problem, I will send you the details via trust. Send me a IM to let me know you want to have a session :)

Okay, I added you on google chat. What project are you working on? Are you using github/sourceforge?

Ok cool, I think I got a skype request from you too, and I accepted it!

It is like a database of python games, but its probably better described as Steam but for open source python games :) Downloads game and dependencies, extracts and runs the game with a couple of clicks.

It has a website (Python Web App) as its backend and a Python GUI application as its frontend.
Backend code is about 75% done (and it works but quite rudimentary) and GUI frontend is about 25%.

I use Ubuntu's Launchpad, which in turn uses Bazaar as its Distributed revision control :) It runs on windows and mac too.

I have a few other project ideas too if everyone doesn't like it and wants to do something different :)
For the time being I am focusing on teaching everyone! If they want to work on a project with me then thats a bonus :)

Last edited:
I would be interested in this :)

Dabbled in VB, Java, PHP, MySql but only through work/projects at school.

my email/msn is the name in my sig followed by @gmail.com/@hotmail.com

Back
Top Bottom