Wimbledon 2006 **SPOILERS**

Man of Honour
gambitt said:
well that was an exciting finish.

you've gone quiet Gilly ;)

"Don't worry, I won't pursue it. I can tell when someone wants to back out."
I've just arrived at work, and I was letting you back out without you losing too much face :)
Mr Men said:
Come on now thats not fair I am sure Mr Tennis knows more than anyone here, why? because he says so :p
:D

Soldato
gambitt said:
psycho ned said:
Been a funny old day really, on any other day a British guy beating a top 3 in the world player at Wimbledon (in straight sets no less!) would be headline news (how many times did Henman do that? I dont think he ever did!) but I didnt even know he'd won till I watched the highlights!
You really have no clue about tennis do you? The head to head between Henman and Federer is 6-4 in Henman's favour.

Did you watch the 2003 Paris Masters? Henman beat Federer and then beat Roddick the following day, both in straight sets. You just happened to miss that headline I suppose. But then you only follow tennis for 2 weeks of the year...
Crikey I come on here and find i'm getting crucified for my lack of tennis knowledge (something I never claimed to have, i'm a 2 week (plus maybe the other grand slams) tennis watcher like 90% of other people) didnt realise this made me banned from making comment on it?

Shame then gambitt went off on a rant about my tennis knowledge whilst not actually answering my original observation!! Henman won lots of tournaments against lots of players I know that (and beat Federer at wimbledon when he was younger) but my point was how many times did he beat a top 3 player at WIMBLEDON? Not pretending I know that he never did but nows your chance to proove your superior knowledge ;)

Soldato
Gilly said:
I've just arrived at work, and I was letting you back out without you losing too much face :)

bwhahahaha!!

That's very funny indeed, coming from a guy who thinks Nadal is a power player :D :p

I can name 20 players more powerful than him. I bet you couldn't even name 20 players at all without the help of the internet. His greatest asset is speed. The hallmark of his game is getting around the court quickly which is why he's so good on clay. He's a retriever. Hewitt is a counter-puncher, like Murray, he feeds of his opponents power. But of course Gilly, you are allowing me to save face becuase you already knew all of this :o

I've tipped up Nieminen to win today and he's the rank outsider (3 sets to 1). I'd love to se you post a prediction, then I can applaud and laugh and you ;)

Soldato
good god shutup, if other people's lack of knowledge irritates you to the point that you make yourself look like a complete arse in pointing out their errors then you're a very sad person.

Get over it!

I havn't been watching the tennis much, but is Sharapove still in? Whens her next game? :D

Soldato
I don't care what people's knowledge about tennis is like... it's when they start posting their ill informed views in a tennis thread, when they obviously don't even follow tennis and then insist they are right.

I don't know much about a lot of subjects, but when it comes to tennis I know my stuff. People like Gilly will always think they know best about everything ;)

Soldato
Ripper^ said:
good god shutup, if other people's lack of knowledge irritates you to the point that you make yourself look like a complete arse in pointing out their errors then you're a very sad person.

Get over it!

I havn't been watching the tennis much, but is Sharapove still in? Whens her next game? :D

Yeah she is playing today :D

Man of Honour
gambitt said:
bwhahahaha!!

That's very funny indeed, coming from a guy who thinks Nadal is a power player :D :p

I can name 20 players more powerful than him. I bet you couldn't even name 20 players at all without the help of the internet. His greatest asset is speed. The hallmark of his game is getting around the court quickly which is why he's so good on clay. He's a retriever. Hewitt is a counter-puncher, like Murray, he feeds of his opponents power. But of course Gilly, you are allowing me to save face becuase you already knew all of this :o

I've tipped up Nieminen to win today and he's the rank outsider (3 sets to 1). I'd love to se you post a prediction, then I can applaud and laugh and you ;)
Where did I say I knew all this?

And where did I say Nadal is a power player? I said beat him with his power. He doesn't have to be a power player to do that, just have supoerior power, and I think he has having seen him play this year.

As I've said previously, if you hadn't been such an ass about your supposed fantastic tennis knowledge no-one would've said a word. It doesn't matter how much you know, just that you were being a **** about it.

Soldato
Gilly said:
I don't know. I thought Hewitt would beat him with his pace. Nadal might beat him with his power.

So what were you saying here exactly? Nadal is the one with pace, not Hewitt. Nadal and power are 2 words that do not belong within the same sentence... you were probably just basing this on his biceps (which he loves to show off in that vest :D).

I don't even know why you got involved.

Gilly said:
I was applauding Tru ;)

Gilly said:
And just think, he was calling someone else a noob :p

I wasn't even talking to you but you were just itching for a rise out of me weren't you ;)

Soldato
I come in here to read about Tennis and find something totally off topic.

Why do most threads on this forum tend to go OT 99.9% of the time now :(

Soldato
wow, I'm so surprised to see Gilly's cliqey mates come in to back him up.

Why is it Advantage Gilly anyway? He just broke the rules, plain and simple. I guess you 2 are good friends ;)

Back
Top Bottom