Wimbledon 2006 **SPOILERS**

Soldato
gambitt said:
wow, I'm so surprised to see Gilly's cliqey mates come in to back him up.

Why is it Advantage Gilly anyway? He just broke the rules, plain and simple. I guess you 2 are good friends ;)

Nope, never met him.

Your taking this way too seriously, its a thread about tennis. Relax.

Soldato
gambitt said:
I was posting about tennis, until Gilly started doing his thing.

Then ignore him if he bothers you so much, your responsible for derailing the thread just as much as anybody else.

Soldato
slightly back on topic... my uncle entered a BBC comp to win tickets to centre court today, stay at the ritz, first class train there and back, champagne and strawberries, go behind the scenes at the BBC.. yeah, he won it. jammy get. The one year he doesnt BUY tickets for wimbledon as well :p

(That's what my mum told me the prize was, she tends to exaggerate, so dont blame me if you know its wrong :p)

Associate
gambitt said:
just remember turn the sound off :eek:
Yeah, and am I glad Sharapova's out of it!
The noise she makes, it's totally unnecessary imo and it ruins the game for me to be honest. I can't believe it's through exertion, it's all to intimidate the other player, there's been women win it a lot more times than her who make hardly any noise on court. I mean, Mauresmo beat her and hardly made a noise at all!
What really annoyed me is the other day in an interview, they said "would she tone it down a bit if asked to?" to which she replied "I wouldn't change a thing". They should threaten to not let her play or something, then she'd have to!
Sorry, rant off! :D

Man of Honour
//Mike said:
I know his name probably suggests it, but is he Greek-Cypriot? Don't want to go supporting the wrong side now! ;).
I am part Greek Cypriot ;) And yes he is too. :)

It is a shame Murray lost - but I still feel he's a little young and wet behind the ears - I have to say that I was rooting for Baghdatis :o Please don't hate me...

Obviously the frenchman in me is supporting that he-she Mauresmo - but that is also helped that I don't want a Beligian to win :p

Associate
Having a Greek father, I think if I were to be found supporting a Turkish-Cypriot you can imagine the fallout!

Shame to see Murray lose mainly for the fact he is so entertaining to watch. I don't think anybody really considered that he would win, but it was nice to see him get so far in only his second championships. Perhaps next year. But it was nice to see Baghdatis doing so well, it would be nice for him to reach the final :).

Soldato
Freefaller said:
I am part Greek Cypriot ;) And yes he is too. :)

It is a shame Murray lost - but I still feel he's a little young and wet behind the ears - I have to say that I was rooting for Baghdatis :o Please don't hate me...

Obviously the frenchman in me is supporting that he-she Mauresmo - but that is also helped that I don't want a Beligian to win :p

God part French and rooting for the non-brit, you're asking for it :eek:

Quite glad Sharapova's out, the noise thing really is getting annoying now. Interesting to note the perfect semi-final seed lineup with 1vs4 and 2vs3 iirc. Federer will win the men's title but it will be interesting to see who's going to lose to him in the final.

Man of Honour
Mad old tory said:
God part French and rooting for the non-brit, you're asking for it :eek:

I can take it ;)

Sharapova does irritate me with her moaning and groaning - especially when she does it playing tennis.

The men's semis should be entertaining - shame I'm going to be travelling for most of it :(

Associate
I find Sharapova's grunts seriously arousing. I just close my eyes and image her bent over the sofa being taken roughly from behind (or something).

Works for me.

Soldato
lol this is the semi final at wimbledon and Federer is giving this bloke a right pasting!

Gonna be 6-2, 6-0, 6-2 by the looks of it. You dont very often see that sort of score in any mens match let alone a semi final!

Gonna take one hell of an effort from Nadal/Baghdatis to stop him winning again.

Back
Top Bottom