Wimbledon

Soldato
Happy for Andy Murray, also glad we dont have to put up with its X amount of years since it was won by a Brit the press/media goes on about every year. I dont ever get this British/Scottish thing, surely he is representing himself and himself only? He's not playing in the Davis cup or the Olympics so its a great win for him.

Just the World Cup since 66...for England...

And not been to a major tournament since 1998...for Scotland...

The press have plenty to remind us all about so they'll survive :p

V F

V F

Soldato
And not been to a major tournament since 1998...for Scotland...

The press have plenty to remind us all about so they'll survive :p

Does it sound better when you say last century? 96 for the Euro as well? Simply Red... I no longer hold any hope. Scotland trains 2 weeks before a big match.

Permabanned
0wta.jpg

lol

Soldato
I thought andy would do quite good but never do this good because he was not strong enough but he has really hit the gym, you can see his arms and legs are much stronger than before and I think it is paying dividends now

Soldato
What a legend. Knighthood plz.

Yes, I've no doubt he'll get that, good on him.

Wheres Merlin and his predictions!!!! Check your cauldrons!

I'm sure Merlin5 also made a prediction about the result. Can someone remind me what it was? ;)

Did merlin do a prediction? Well done Murray. Dead chuffed for him

I did, it went something like this :D

Djokovic will get the crown, Murray runner up.

I've never been happier to be wrong. And to think I was almost going to put £100 down on Djok. I'm pleased I learned that I'd never make a successful gambler. :p

Soldato
I thought andy would do quite good but never do this good because he was not strong enough but he has really hit the gym, you can see his arms and legs are much stronger than before and I think it is paying dividends now

I think most of us on here are old enough to remember when it was a great achievement a Brit player that wasn't Tim Henman managed to win a couple of matches at Wimbledon, before his lack of conditioning meant he fatigued badly and was blown off court.

It's to his credit he basically improved in every single department and made good coaching choices, and put the application in so as to not only look comfortable going toe to toe with record-setting, GOAT-type players now, but to win titles against them as well (although I guess you could say he's starting to peak as two of them are in decline). Fully expect him to win a few more slams in the next few years. Doesn't hurt he's become more amiable the last couple of years too (probably the Simon Fuller effect) either.

Soldato
I really don't want to see him get a *.B.E until he retires to be honest. I know they gave Wiggins one but it doesn't seem right in your mid twenties.

But when you're THE person that has finally broken the 77 year wait since the last british player won there, it's too huge a success story not to get knighted for. At least, that's the way they'll see it.

Soldato
But when you're THE person that has finally broken the 77 year wait since the last british player won there, it's too huge a success story not to get knighted for. At least, that's the way they'll see it.

I'm not saying it's not deserved. I'd prefer such honours to be dished out when sportsmen and women have retired, not just for one massive achievement but to celebrate their whole career. Nobody's going to forget what happened this Wimbledon and who knows, the way things are going he may win a few more slam titles including another Wimbledon or two before he retires.

Soldato
Fantastic game of tennis - really stoked for Murray. He deserves this. Would love to have been there.

Only negative - the commentary throughout the match was awful, cringeworthy at times.

Soldato
Fantastic game of tennis - really stoked for Murray. He deserves this. Would love to have been there.

Only negative - the commentary throughout the match was awful, cringeworthy at times.

When the tennis is that good they could just make frog noises and I wouldn't care.

Back
Top Bottom