Win 10, yay or nay?

Soldato
I need to format sooner or later, it's been a year. So, is it worth going to Win 10 yet? Are we to experience any performance increases with gaming?

Huh? I haven't formatted for 4 years, ever since installing the system on SSD, and it is as fast as it was on day 1 :)
And I do not plan formatting even with Win10, I will just let it upgrade.
As for the system, from what I have seen Win10 is the same as Win7 gaming perf-wise. But once DX12 gets used, it should be faster.

Soldato
When dx12 is implemented it will make for some serious benefits. Until then I don't think it's a big deal. I will, however, upgrade to w10 in a week or two once they have tweaked any early bugs that crop up.

Soldato
Been running the preview for the last 8 months or so - not really had many issues at all tbh, all the games I play (BF4, GTA5) have performed no worse on Win 10 - only Xfire has caused me problems but then it always does :p

Associate
If someone could confirm Asus Xonar or unified drivers working in Windows 10 that would be great. Only thing I can think on my rig I'd have a concern about. Also Xbox 360 wireless receiver.

Man of Honour
Been running the preview for a few months in a VM and on one system - not really had any major issues as such but overall not that impressed personally - depends what you want from an OS though.

Seems fairly good performance wise - some odd slowdowns at times but I've put that down to it being in development and probably having debugging code, etc. in place.

I'm in absolutely no hurry to move from my Windows 7 installs on my main systems to it - which is a shame as on paper it has great potential.

Soldato
Upgraded last night - didn't have much time to play anything, but fired up a few games and no issues, and no noticeable performance differences

Can also confirm that the WinSCP driver to emulate 360 controllers still works perfectly :)

If you want to use the xbox button (or in my case PS button my DS3) to launch Steam Big Picture you have to disable the xbox app, or at least disable it starting when the xbox button is pressed

I haz 4090!
Don
Anyone with Creative kit in their PC should wait - the drivers haven't been released yet. I should have looked into this before upgrading last night. I'm back on on-board sound until "August 2015". So not too long to wait, but a bit of a pain none-the-less.

Associate
Anyone with Creative kit in their PC should wait - the drivers haven't been released yet. I should have looked into this before upgrading last night. I'm back on on-board sound until "August 2015". So not too long to wait, but a bit of a pain none-the-less.

Thanks for the heads up. (I have a SB Z).

Soldato

My creative sound card works fine in Windows 10.

Soldato

This might be of interest to you: http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=720562

Made by the daniel_k guy who has been tweaking Creative drivers for a long time.

I'm currently using the SB X-Fi Series Support Pack 3.4 and everything is working fine in Windows 10, except after each restart the sound is gone. Have to open Creative Audio Control Panel and restore defaults, then sound is back. Trying to find a fix for that now.

Back
Top Bottom