Windows 10

Soldato
Did a whole lot of people completely miss this is nothing more than a Tech preview, this is barley even an Alpha model.

Where some of you seriously thinking this was going to show a finished product or something?

Associate
What type of yardstick is that?

I think Bulldog means that you test the "TRANSFER" speed of any USB3.0 memory stick of say 1Gb file size and tell him which one is faster, Microsoft Windows or Linux.

Personally, Linuz is blazing FAST when it comes to USB transfer speeds. Go on, try it. :D

Man of Honour
I wish Microsoft would address the issue where you have more icons on the taskbar than space allows. Their current solution of paging is awful. OSX handles it far more efficiently by reducing the size of the icons.

You can sort that in Windows but its a bit of a clunky, unpredictable registry hack (or shell hack if you have the tools for it) :S

Caporegime
Same OS across desktop and tablet? Doesn't bode well.

Edit. Maybe not? 2 modes?

Obviously this is only a very early preview, but I don't see a lot to make me want to change from 7 & OSX.

Q: Can you talk about the name? Seems weird going from Windows 8 to Windows 10.
A: This product, when you see the product in your fullness I think you'll agree with us that it's a more appropriate name.

lol.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Same OS across desktop and tablet? Doesn't bode well.

Edit. Maybe not? 2 modes?

customization you can have start menu or start screen and other personalisation settings. It'll detect what it's running on and set it up for that, although you can change it.

Caporegime
Windows 9 was supposed to be the next decent OS in the good-bad-good-bad cycle.

Is this Miscrosoft admitting that they can no longer make a good OS? So they skip directly to the next bad one? :p

Soldato
I wonder what the version number will be? Windows 8.1 is actually NT 6.3. We haven't had a major upgrade since Windows XP!

Good to see they put the windows back into Windows though.

Soldato
I like the look of this so far - in particular, the multi-desktops will be incredibly useful so I can easily split up my software development, web development and casual stuff - it's quite a mess with everything open right now. The better/improved snapping should be just as useful too.

Not bothered about the start menu at all - haven't missed it since I originally upgraded.

+1 to both of these

Back
Top Bottom